Google Map Address Book Pro - Worth $$?

cuskit

Reaction score
Has anyone paid for the Pro version of Google Map Address Book? I'm wondering how well it works, and if it's worth paying extra for. I like the idea of adding contacts directly from the map, including phone#, email etc.

It also says it can (backup) export directly to and from the sd card. I'm wondering if I can just import all my contacts this way and have an "instant" navigation/mapping to the address. TIA :) cuskit

WLJohnson05

Reaction score
i havent downloaded it but you can always download it, check it out and if you dont like it uninstall/refund.

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
never been a fan of something that should be included free, IMO :/
That's true, but to what point do you feel you should receive something always for free? Some of these developers do produce some brilliant apps, and compensation is minimal. Think of each Friday when you receive your paycheck (or whenever that is) and perhaps you don't receive one as the consumer feels at a certain point you should be working for free.

Yea - Google is a humongous company and receives moneys in many ways. But I've heard this same statement relative to small, underpaid programmers who are under no obligation to provide apps for free, which they do on many occasions.

My query was really not that I felt the extra's should be free, basically do they actually warrant paying a fee (minimal as it is) over the free version that lacks these features. If they do what is claimed and do it successfully, I'll have no qualms about passing over my dime.

Just saying.. :) mike

Last edited:

butch350

Reaction score
never been a fan of something that should be included free, IMO :/
That's true, but to what point do you feel you should receive something always for free? Some of these developers do produce some brilliant apps, and compensation is minimal. Think of each Friday when you receive your paycheck (or whenever that is) and perhaps you don't receive one as the consumer feels at a certain point you should be working for free.

Yea - Google is a humongous company and receives moneys in many ways. But I've heard this same statement relative to small, underpaid programmers who are under no obligation to provide apps for free, which they do on many occasions.

My query was really not that I felt the extra's should be free, basically do they actually warrant paying a fee (minimal as it is) over the free version that lacks these features. If they do what is claimed and do it successfully, I'll have no qualms about passing over my dime.

Just saying.. :) mike

My computer came with WMP that was free.