Searching Contact Notes

jappareti

Reaction score
I've searched all over the web and this forum and can't find the answer to this:

How do I search through the notes on my contacts?

Coming from a blackberry, I added a lot of notes for contacts so that they basically served as "tags" for my contacts. For example: if I met someone from St Louis and they were awesome I would put "St Louis awesome" in their notes section. That way when I searched "awesome St Louis" I would see all of the awesome people from St Louis.

I can't seem to figure out how to make this search on the droid. When I do the search in contacts, it only looks for names. If I do the global search, it just searches google.com

OP
jappareti

jappareti

Reaction score
Well it doesn't seem like there's a high demand for this. For those who are interested in being able to do this; I did find a solution.

The app called "Aurora Device Search" is able to search contact notes.

55311AP

Reaction score
I have the exact same question - although broader. Is there any way to search only the phone, without also searching the whole 'net?

Not being able to search text in contacts, other than the name, is really a problem... if you know the name, you don't need to search!

Otherwise a fine phone!

OP
jappareti

jappareti

Reaction score
I have the exact same question - although broader. Is there any way to search only the phone, without also searching the whole 'net?

Not being able to search text in contacts, other than the name, is really a problem... if you know the name, you don't need to search!

Otherwise a fine phone!

Yeah you have the option to only search contacts with Aurora Device Search.