SD Card

Naebue

Reaction score
If I were to delete all the files off my SD Card, would that effect the performance or any of the system files of my Droid? I don't know if anything runs off the SD card though and I don't think I have anything installed that runs off the SD card, but I just want to pass it by all you guys here before I format the SD.

~Nae

OP
Naebue

Naebue

Reaction score
I didn't figure it would skyrocket, but would remain the same. I just wasn't sure if there was anything that was installed on my SD Card with me rooting/installing cyanogen/installing apps that would mess them or the system up.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since no apps run from the SD Card, I highly doubt it would affect your overall performance. If you have corrupt file apps, it could affect those programs, but I doubt your whole system would see a change.

OP
Naebue

Naebue

Reaction score
Awesome. I just found an app (aTrackDog(SD)) and found that I have 6 apps on my SD Card (HelixLauncher, Touch Input, Keyboard Calibration, DM Updater, SetCPU and Wireless Tether for Root Users). So now I'm hesitant.

Skaggz

Reaction score
Naebue, those apps are just being stored on you SD card as backups. They are not being run from there. Deleting them would not affect them at all.

Even if you were running apps from your SD card, (and you would know because it takes quite some major steps to set it up that way) they would be in an EXT partition and not the FAT partition that aTrackdog checks.