"My Files" app freezes up...

sweber5`

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Tab S 10.5"
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablet running Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat. When I am in the built-in app "My Files", and I try to create a new folder, the app just freezes up (while in the folder name entry window).

Thinking that the problem was with my micro sd card, I removed the card, inserted it into the sd card adapter, slipped it into my laptop, backed up all the files, formatted it, and then restored the files.

THIS DID NOT FIX THE PROBLEM, and I cannot find ANYTHING on the web regarding this problem. Is 4.4.2 such garbage that I can't reliably expect to be able to create folders?

Can someone PLEASE help me?

Thanks,
Steve

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Steve

This is a phone forum, but I have a Galaxy S 10.5 so allow me to make a suggestion. While that file manager appears to be pretty handy it could use some work. The native file manager is pretty but I suggest trying ES File Manager to see if it works.

OP
S

sweber5`

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Tab S 10.5"
Do you have a tablet forum here?
By the way, I also had the same problem creating a folder using a 3rd party app which I downloaded from the Play Store. Is this an issue with 4.4.2? I just had the tablet replaced because of a battery drain issue (which, coincidentally, was noticed after upgrading to Lollipop). When I got the replacement tablet, I did not even dare do any upgrades. But I'm having the issue with creating folders--VERY frustrating...

Welcome to the forum Steve

This is a phone forum, but I have a Galaxy S 10.5 so allow me to make a suggestion. While that file manager appears to be pretty handy it could use some work. The native file manager is pretty but I suggest trying ES File Manager to see if it works.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Isn't that the whole KitKat/SDcard write issue, even though a system app should be able to write to SDcard.

Format the card from the storage setting of Android, reboot and you should be okay.