SD card

jayman350

Reaction score
16GB internal and 16GB microSD card preinstalled. Max microSD card supported is 32GB.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

yes but out of the 16GB internal, you are only allowed to access 8GB of it. The other 8GB is not available for you to access it directly.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Maybe you can "access" only 8GB of the internal memory, but you can USE 12GB of it. 4GB of the internal memory is reserved for app storage. You are free to use it to store as many apps there as you would like. (Have fun trying to use it all)

short283

Reaction score
8 gigs is used for app storage and its not hard to use it up at all I've done maxed out an 8 gig and two 16 gig micro sd cards and am on my third 16 gig plan on getting a 32 gig next that should last longer granite I do alot of work on my phone

Last edited:

luckayap9

Reaction score
Good evening,
I did an insurance replacement for my droid and when I placed my sd card in the new phone it worked fine. However, there was some media I wanted off my old phone and so I reinserted the phone to get that. When I placed the card back in the ins replacement, the phone does not read it. When I go to the settings it says unavailable, I put it back in the old one and it doesnt read the card either. I tried plugging to the computer via usb and computer recognizes the phone but no drivers populate and the phone doesn't ask to dock w/computer. I tried the memory card reader and that doesnt read the card either. I've looked at some other threads and none match my issue so Im unsure what else to try. PLEEEEASE help me!!! Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!
Thank you in advance

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The SD card is as sensitive little thing. Are u sure u have it in the phone correctly?? Did u scratch the parts of the SD card that the phone reads???

sent from my RAZR MAXX

luckayap9

Reaction score
The card is inserted correctly but looking at the card looks like there is a scratch going across the contacts of the mem card.

josh3794

Reaction score
The card is inserted correctly but looking at the card looks like there is a scratch going across the contacts of the mem card.
If your rooted and have recovery you may have to mount the drives. I swapped out an old card for a new one with 3 partitions. I had to go into rz recovery under mount options and make sure the drives were mounted. Might not help but worth a quick look.

Snoopylove24

Reaction score
I keep getting a notification that says low volume space. I just got my phone flashes to cricket and tries to download some songs and now it says low volume space. Please help!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I keep getting a notification that says low volume space. I just got my phone flashes to cricket and tries to download some songs and now it says low volume space. Please help!
When you say Cricket, are you talking about a cell phone plan? And, what Razr do you have?

xtor

Reaction score
I think he ment to say, had his phone flashed to cricket, same as metro pcs, cell services

point of origin

Snoopylove24

Reaction score
Yea I flashed my Droid razor to a cricket plan because their plan is cheap and now I keep getting a message that says low volume space.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Yea I flashed my Droid razor to a cricket plan because their plan is cheap and now I keep getting a message that says low volume space.
Ok, how much "stuff" (videos, pics, music etc) have you downloaded before you started getting this message...and which sd card to you save them to...the internal sd or the sd-external card?

Snoopylove24

Reaction score
The internal SD card and maybe like 20 photos not really any music and maybe like 10 apps that's just an estimate but I even deleted some apps and it still says the same thing

valid

Reaction score
When I turn on the DX message at top of phone reads "You can safely remove SD card". Cannot mount card also. I get this message in win 7 64bit " MTP USB Device has a yellow triangle in Device Manager and device status says, "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". Unable to see the Mot dir in windows also. Any thoughts???