SD Card Photos and New Phone

morsecode191

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

i had to swap my SIM card from my phone to an older one I previously had because My current phone wouldn't charge. So I had my SIM card switched, contacts transferred, all set there. I took my SD card from my old phone and put it in my new phone because all of my photos and videos are saved to it and I wanted them transferred over. Only problem is.. I can't find the photos or videos on my new phone after inserting the SD card..

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If it matters, I went from a Droid Bionic to a HTC Rezound.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you can get the old phone back up and running on WiFi and you can see the photos, I would sync them with DropBox. Another otion would be to get a microSD USB adaptewr to see if your computer can see them.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
One other selection, is to actually use an adaptor to use the micro SD card, read them on a computer, and save them to a file created on the micro SD card that matches the DCIM folder on the new phone, or whatever file format is currently used, then copy the photos to that folder.

remove the card, and place it in the 'new ' phone, it should be viewable in the new phone, using the same file format.
If you use ROM toolbox, you can open root browser, scroll to SDCARD and open that, scroll down to DCIM, and open that, you will see .spmo, .thumbnails and Camera.
I opened .thumbnails and am able to view all stored pictures, so you know the files are there.

The path should look like this: home/sdcard/dcim/.thumbnails, or camera.
Touch and hold to select what you want to do with each pic, delete, move, send, archive, copy....Etc...You can even change permissions, ownership as well as shortcuts.