SD Card music storage

TheRealKrobar

Reaction score
klay I'm not sure on the Incredible, this is the Droid 2 forum and on my Droid 2 it doesn't show me the phone's onboard storage when I hook it up to my pc, so I would assume it's going to the card directly. Sorry!

Taegost

Reaction score
I am a newbie and I'm wanting to add more music to my droid incredible, when I plug in my phone to pc, I only see "CD Drive (G) Verizon Mobile" which has 0 bytes free of 4.65 MB, and "Removable Disk (H) 5.22 GB free of 6.59" Now, to me it looks like there are 0 bytes free on my 4GB card and 5GB free on my phones memory? I dont know if this is right. I do know my phone has like 8GB internal memory and I have a 4GB card. I want to add more music but not if its going to the phones memory and not the card. Maybe someone can clear this up for me? I believe I'm kinda lost. Thanks in advance for any help.

The G: drive is your CD-ROM, it says "Verizon Mobile" because you left the Verizon disc in the drive. It is not your phone.
When you attach your phone to the computer, it mounts the SD card, not the internal storage. So, when you transfer things to your phone, it goes on the card directly. The H: drive looks more like your mounted phone, but if you're sure that it's only a 4Gb card in there, then that is something else, probably a USB drive.

klay

Reaction score
I hadn't put that Verizon CD into the pc since I got my phone, and the g drive Verizon mobile only comes up after I plug in my phone to the pc.
If the music is going to the SD card, there is no problem. I just wanted to try and be sure music added is going where I want it to. I'll try and post my future post on the "Incredible" forum. Thank You.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App