sd card issues

ViperX

Reaction score
Hey is anyone having any kind of sd card problems with there razr hd?

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
Nope, but if you'd like help, you need to be a little more descriptive.

exia00

Reaction score
I dunno if this is the same issue you had, but when i first got it, i rebooted it at some point (no real reason, just did), and when it came back on, the sd card was not reading and it said something was wrong with it. After that, i just popped out the sd card and put it back in, which seemed to fix it and it hasn't come up since.

OP
V

ViperX

Reaction score
It happens to me about every 2 days or so. I have a SanDisk 32gb class 10 sd card. I have formatted the sd card it and did factory reset on my phone and it still does. Not sure what's going on any suggestions?

exia00

Reaction score
Mine had an issue earlier where it just kinda stopped working and made my phone freak out whenever i tried to do anything on it. quick reboot fixed it tho.

Should mention that i also have a 32gb class 10 card, think its a sandisk too.

flyerchas

Reaction score
Just got my Razr HD. Popped the SD card in, backed up Listmaster data, but when I looked at the card, nothing was there. Also, should there be a format sd card option on the phone? I can't find it if there is....

Any help?

tzetter

Reaction score
Razr HD SD Card Problem

I also have had constant issues with the SD card in this phone. I used a 32GB Sandisk Ultra which frequently stopped being recognized by the phone and had all contents erased/damaged. I can use the same card in a PC fine but after phone use it's always corrupted. Tried a 16GB Sandisk Ultra also same problem. Clearly this phone is doing something to the card. I would advise not storing anything critical on the SD card. I lost quite a bit of music and all photos, although they were backed up as I have had my eye on this issue from day 1 so have really been testing it more than actually depending on it. I have tried formatting in PC, phone, etc. all with same results. DREAD trying to deal with Verizon or Motorola on this....but it may be required.

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
I don't read many of the posts in here with problems mention that they are properly unmounting the SD Card, BEFORE they are removing them. If you are having a problem, this is more likely the cause, not the phone.

tzetter

Reaction score
The data is lost/corrupted WITHIN the phone without the card ever having to be unmounted or removed. The photo library will stop displaying stored pics, new photos will not save the card(s). Unmounting the card properly and then inserting into PC to attempt the view the contents shows some of the folders that are supposed to be there but the DCIM folder is gone when this happens. If you properly unmount and insert into PC before the issue recurs you can see all folders and photos properly on the PC. I rarely every remove the SD card from the phone and have only been doing so while chasing this rabbit. I never move photos, etc. by removing the card or even connecting the phone physically to the PC normally. The music folder still seems to be present, although after the issue the phone is no longer able to play the contents although they will play on the PC. Very strange and unlike any previous phone's behavior relative to the SD card that I have experienced. Maybe I just have a defective unit.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bump. Having issues as well now...

Not sure when they started, but I'm actually having some issues as well.

Not only with my external SD Card [64GB Class 10 SDXC card], but with internal as well!

When I connect my HD to my laptop, and select "Mass Storage," the internal storage does NOT show up as a drive?!?! When I switch over to "MTP" device it works and I can transfer stuff just fine. This happens when I have AND don't have my external SD card in.

When I have my external SD card inserted, Mass Storage only shows the external card, but tells me I can't copy anything over? Same thing happens in MTP as well. Even from Android, with the external card in, I can't transfer anything back and forth or save anything to the external card from the internal storage.

I've tried factory resets and a full fastboot back to stock as well. Can't figure it out.

Anyone else having issues as well with internal storage not mounting as mass storage when connected to their computer?

SWSF

Reaction score
The SD card needs to be pushed in all the way until it clicks and is held in. If you didn't do that, the door will hold the card in, and this will push the door out slightly so it can move. When that happens the card can become unstable. Go to settings and de-mount your card, remove the door, push the card in with the door removal device until it clicks, replace the door and it should now fit flush with the side and not feel springy. That should take care of the problem.

duvu

Reaction score
Hello! I have the same problem with my Class 10 32GB card too. Have been reading about this for two days. I found out that the Razr HD does accept and work with my class 4 8 GB (both my cards are from Sandisk). Read somewhere that people have problem with the class 10 cards so hopefully the new Jellybean Update will fix this.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello! I have the same problem with my Class 10 32GB card too. Have been reading about this for two days. I found out that the Razr HD does accept and work with my class 4 8 GB (both my cards are from Sandisk). Read somewhere that people have problem with the class 10 cards so hopefully the new Jellybean Update will fix this.

Just FYI even on the Jelly Bean update I had issues with the class 10 cards. I would order a 32GB class 4 from Amazon. Get them pretty cheap there.

Sent from the Galaxy S III

lloydsw

Reaction score
My micro-SD card has been acting strange since day #1. I copied a bunch of stuff through USB to various directories on the card. Some of the files started disappearing. I recopied the files via the SD card adapter. Once again, they started disappearing. Here's the interesting thing: when I look at the card via the stock file manager, I see some files in a directory. When I use Astro File manager, I see the inverse of the files seen in the stock file manager. That is to say the files missing in the stock show up in Astro, the files present in the stock are missing in Astro. Further, when I safely remove the card from the phone and put it in the computer all files are there. Very frustrating!

lloydsw

Reaction score
As a followup to my previous post, a light bulb clicked on in my head about the class of the card. So I robbed the card out of my tablet (not class 10), put it in the phone. Problem solved. Interesting that the tablet had no problem with the class 10 card.