SD card issues (Help!!!)

tmk

Reaction score
I have a rooted Motorola Droid that received Verizon's 2.2 forced update on Thurs. As of yesterday, my phone and computer can no longer detect my SD card. My music, pics, etc. are all lost. I made sure it was seated ok and I still have nothing. Because my phone and computer can't detect my card, I'm unable to reformat it. I switched cards with another phone and was able to to see the SD card. (The other phone had the same problem with my SD card). I placed a temp. 4 GB card in and it's working just fine. Can anyone help me out with what went wrong and if I'm able to fix it? The class 4, 16 GB cards can be pretty pricey. Thanks!

cromo8

Reaction score
had the same issue when i installed SS 4.5 it completely corrupted my memory card and forced me to format it however i could not do it on my phone, or my mac, had to do it on my sisters pc

then it worked after that, however you can call up verizon they will replace it if you say it deleetd everythinm(which it did)

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you do anything else to your sd card? anything that would be relevant to it not functioning anymore?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would put the card in a card reader and use my computer to reformat it (assuming the card can be seen). This happened a long time ago with my card and it could be read by the computer in the built-in card reader. If you can do this, do not assign a name to the card when you reformat.

Good luck.

OP
T

tmk

Reaction score
I didn't do anything with the SD card, nor have I ever removed the card until the trouble began. I'm unable to reformat the card either. The card was put into a card reader and I was still unable to detect it on two different computers. I noticed someone named Mandy posted same problem two days prior to me, so I believe it was more than just a coincidence with the update. When I called my local Verizon store they told me I need to bring in my phone because the 2.2 update may have caused a hardware problem that may continue to corrupt future SD cards. The only problem there is I rooted my phone months back so I'm afraid they'll say my warranty in now voided.