SD card issue

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So i tried to stick my sd card from my thunderbolt into my new S3. all i see are the folders. i have reformated the card to FAT32 and copied the data to it and tried again, no luck. any thoughts? i need this data on my new phone its ringtones, pics and such.

ryanallaire

Reaction score
I sorta have the same problem, came from the tbolt also. I have my pics and music, but i can't put anything or get anything from the sd card. I can't put the necessary file on it to achieve root either! Any1 know a fix???

skennelly

Reaction score
You most likely need to use a 3rd party file manager. The stock file manager only reads the internal sd card. Your stuff will be located in extSdCard

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Peirceman

Reaction score
You most likely need to use a 3rd party file manager. The stock file manager only reads the internal sd card. Your stuff will be located in extSdCard
That's not true. I bought a new card for my S3 and the stock app sees both cards. It is a long work around, but I would copy all the stuff you want to keep to your computer, then fdisk the card, then format. Stick it in the S3 and then copy your stuff back onto it.

Scott