SD card issue on Note 3 help (Files "protected)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
OP
Bark4Soul

Bark4Soul

Reaction score
Took your guys advice and ordered the 64gb card from Amazon, just formatted it and am going to move files over now. Thanx for the help (So far)

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I just activated a Note 3 and took installed a 64gb sd card in it, I moved everything over from my gs4's 16gb card to this, but when I accessed the music I see that it created folders for the albums but only transferred maybe a song or two off the album if that at all, most were just empty folders, all my pictures transferred just fine. So I open up the file system on windows explorer and try and delete some of the songs and it tells me that I can't delete it because it is locked or protected, I formatted the card right before I installed it, just curious if this is the sd card or Android messing with me, any ideas how to fix this without formatting this (again) :dry:

im a little late to the party.
on the micro sd adapter you used to insert it into the pc there should be a little switch on the side. this switch locks the card so you cant write or delete from it. simply push the switch to the opposite position and it should unlock write/delete privileges.