Note 3 Note Reading New SDHC Card ....

vja4Him

Reaction score
Note 3 Not Reading New SDHC Card ....

I was excited to receive the 64 GB Micro SDHC card (Samsung microSDXC UHS-I Card Pro) for my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Now very disappointed ... I put the card in my iBook G4, but it would not read it. Option to Eject or Format, so I tried formatting Mac OS. Phone would NOT read card. Then formatted DOS. Phone still will not read card.

Last, my Note 3 formatted the card, but now my Mac will not read the card!!! The only way that I can load files onto the card is from my iBook. ALL, yes every single one, of my other SD and SDHC cards are readable with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3, so I can load files onto the phone.

Is there a Hidden Secret to getting this card to work with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3, or is the card simply defective?

-- Jim ....

Last edited:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you can get it to work on the Note, I am guessing it will work everywhere but the Mac and your problem as stated was that you had no way to copy stuff to the SD card. No true, so short of a direct connection there are apps in the Store that will allow you to transfer files using a browser on the Mac to and from the SD card. AirDroid is one example. I have a link below with other suggestions.

OP
V

vja4Him

Reaction score
If you can get it to work on the Note, I am guessing it will work everywhere but the Mac and your problem as stated was that you had no way to copy stuff to the SD card. No true, so short of a direct connection there are apps in the Store that will allow you to transfer files using a browser on the Mac to and from the SD card. AirDroid is one example. I have a link below with other suggestions.

Just got off the phone with Samsung Tech Support. They told me the Note 3 is not compatible with Class 10 SD Cards. So I will need to buy a Class 6 card instead.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking maybe you should speak with a different support rep. j/k. You said the Note formatted the card,. but you didn't confirm that it worked after formatting in the Note, on the Note.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a class 10 sd card and a Note 2 tablet. Works fine. I can't imagine they would take a step back in technology like that.

mcsoul

Reaction score
I run a class 10 64g card in mine with no issues. Sounds to me like your Mac jacked up your card (if your phone could see it before you formatted it in the Mac).

You should have formatted the card with the phone.