SD card help

indcolts18288

Reaction score
Ok so I got a 16gb sd card in my a855. When I look under mempry and sd card it says I have 14.29gb of space remaining. I cnt find where to look up what's on the card nor do I know how to save things on there. And how would I transfer a file saved on my phone to the sd card. I'm a total noob and u guys have been so helpful with everything else. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so I got a 16gb sd card in my a855. When I look under mempry and sd card it says I have 14.29gb of space remaining. I cnt find where to look up what's on the card nor do I know how to save things on there. And how would I transfer a file saved on my phone to the sd card. I'm a total noob and u guys have been so helpful with everything else. Thanks in advance!

What file is on your phone that ou want on your SD card? I've never done this but it seems to me that ou would use Astro or a File Manager.

I'm not certain you can transfer files from phone to SD card. I know you can move certain applications from phone to SD card.

OP
indcolts18288

indcolts18288

Reaction score
Well I guess I meant apps I've downloaded

dispatch1054

Reaction score
I've never done that either really, but like hookbill said, you should try astro or something like it. You can find it in the market.

As for applications, the app must have the ability to be moved to the card (many are). Go to settings -> applications -> manage applications. Then click on the one you want. If you see an option that says " move to SD card " click that and you're all set!

Hope this helps :)