SD Memory Card information

Hkmsmommy91806

Reaction score
ok i just got a Droid which i love, I took it to Verizon to get everything transferred from my old phone to my Droid.. Then I needed a recoded conversation put on my droid, he unmounted the SD card and stick it in my voyager and then moved it to the SD card, and placed it back in the Droid and said, there ya go!! I was so relieved, BUT NOW I CAN'T FIND OUT HOW TO FIND THE RECORDING!!!! I have looked everywhere on the phone and have no idea how to see or use the info ( recording) that was put on the SD card which is now back in my droid....now before any assumptions are made I would like to save some time with questions...

1. Yes the file was saved the SD card
2. Yes the SD card is in the Droid correctly
3. Yes the format of the recording can carry over cause it did with some midi-files that are the same format.

I would REALLY appreciate some help big time cause it is an important recording... SO all help is welcomed

Thank You so much in advanced for your time and help !!!

Nicole

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you know the name of the file? Astro will let you search for it on the phone from the phone or you could mount the card and search for it from your PC. Some of the media players will also search for all sound files on your card so you can play them. Btunes is one that I recently tried that does that. What is the file format?

And..did he move it or copy if from your Voyager?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You probably won't be able to see whats on your sdcard unless you dowload an app from the Market like, Astro File Manager, Linda File Manager, Andexplorer, etc.

Welcome to the forums :)

OP
H

Hkmsmommy91806

Reaction score
SD card

ok so before i read this, I did DL astro, and i did find the file i was looking for, it was in the sounds.. But it wouldnt play it .. it was a qcp file format.. i i tried to name it an mp3 and it did but still said it couldnt play.. well after messing with it back and forth on the voyager and Droid it ended at evrc.. so idk what to do now. and i accidentally formatted the SD card, so it is only on the voyager now, i can put it back on the SD card and to the droid.. The goal is it get it on the droid, Play it make sure it works and send it to the person who needs it .. hopefully on their phone, but to the email will work

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So the next step is get the file from the other phone and get it onto the card. Then figure out where it is on the card again. Mount the card to your computer and then email the file to the one who needs it.

wikipedia says qcp is a ringtone format.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QCP

media-convert.com/ online file format converter

How to Convert a QCP File Into a WAV File | eHow.com

Good luck.

mordantkitten

Reaction score
I, also, have just downloaded and installed Astro. It reads my SD card fine. But I can't find a way to move files through the mounted connection. How does the computer find my phone files?

I understand removing the SD card, plugging it into the PC, and putting files in that way. I just wondered if there's an alternate way.

And can I email files to myself as attachments, take them from the emails on the phone, and place them into SD card folders?

Thanks!