Removing SD Card partition and Droidswap

TD7424

Reaction score
How do I reformat my SD Card after partitioning it when the unmount SD Card and Format SD Card tabs under settings are greyed out. Cannot figure this out!!!
Thanks

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
For Droidswap, just hit the off, and the swap will no longer be in effect. Since those options are grayed out, you can use clockwork recovery and go into partitions menu, format sd card. Remember to back up all of your sd card contents first!

Hope this helps!

OP
T

TD7424

Reaction score
For Droidswap, just hit the off, and the swap will no longer be in effect. Since those options are grayed out, you can use clockwork recovery and go into partitions menu, format sd card. Remember to back up all of your sd card contents first!

Hope this helps!

In the partition menu there is also Format Sd-Ext, do I need to format that also? I would like the card back to its original state.
Thanks

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hope this helps!

In the partition menu there is also Format Sd-Ext, do I need to format that also? I would like the card back to its original state.
Thanks

Uh, I am almost 100% sure that is where all the apps are stored if Apps2SD is enabled, so yes you would format that too. Sorry for not clarifying. :p

I am also not sure if this is a 100% fix. I have never had to try it before and no one has every said anything about it before. But it is just as easy to restore and nandroid and put your sd card contents back on, so go for it.