SD Card errors?

kenji91

Reaction score
Lately I've had some issues using QuickPic. It looks like it's related to disk writing (SD card?). QuickPic seems to try to generate thumbnails every time I open it.

It also gives me the error "disk I/O error (code 1034)", but it still displays the pictures.

Thoughts?

I'm on Liquid 2.7 (Official).

debrad0307

Reaction score
Is your stock gallery working? As in, you can access all of your pics on your SD card? If so then I would say it's probably that app. Try clearing the data and cache on that app. See if that fixes the issue.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
Is your stock gallery working? As in, you can access all of your pics on your SD card? If so then I would say it's probably that app. Try clearing the data and cache on that app. See if that fixes the issue.

I've also had issues with SwiftKey saying that it's unable to load the language pack. These two apps started misbehaving at the same time.

I've tried clearing data/cache from both and reinstalling both. I've also done a complete wipe/factory reset and reinstalled all my apps and the same thing is happening.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I've also had issues with SwiftKey saying that it's unable to load the language pack. These two apps started misbehaving at the same time.

I've tried clearing data/cache from both and reinstalling both. I've also done a complete wipe/factory reset and reinstalled all my apps and the same thing is happening.

You may want to format your sd card and see if that works. Just be aware that it does erase everything so make sure you back up your pics. That's the only other thing I can think of

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
You may want to format your sd card and see if that works. Just be aware that it does erase everything so make sure you back up your pics. That's the only other thing I can think of

I've deleted many of the folders on my SD card in the past but I've never formatted it. I'm scared to break something haha.

I understand I'll lose any pictures, downloads, basically anything I store on there. Is there anything else that maybe an app would store there?

debrad0307

Reaction score
I've deleted many of the folders on my SD card in the past but I've never formatted it. I'm scared to break something haha.

I understand I'll lose any pictures, downloads, basically anything I store on there. Is there anything else that maybe an app would store there?

Other than data for that app, no. But after you format the SD card all of your apps will create new folders. I'll bet since you've never formatted the SD card some of your app files got corrupted. That's what it sounds like to me anyway.

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
Other than data for that app, no. But after you format the SD card all of your apps will create new folders. I'll bet since you've never formatted the SD card some of your app files got corrupted. That's what it sounds like to me anyway.

Would you suggest that I format both my internal and my external sd cards? Of course, after backing them up.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Do external only. When you did the factory reset it erased the internal storage.

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
Do external only. When you did the factory reset it erased the internal storage.

I think D4's are weird - there's internal storage, internal "sd", and external sd. I suppose the factory reset wiped out the internal storage.

Everything looks intact on "both" of the sd's.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I also have internal and external storage. Yeah, your internal storage should be fine. It's the external SD card that I would concentrate on.

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
I also have internal and external storage. Yeah, your internal storage should be fine. It's the external SD card that I would concentrate on.

Looks like it wasn't SD card related after all. I formatted both internal and external sd cards and have nothing on them and QuickPic and SwiftKey are still giving me the same errors. :icon_eek:

debrad0307

Reaction score
Hmm and you've cleared data on both apps. Have you looked on the developer page in the play store to see if anyone else is having issues? I have swiftkey and I haven't had any problems with it.

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
Hmm and you've cleared data on both apps. Have you looked on the developer page in the play store to see if anyone else is having issues? I have swiftkey and I haven't had any problems with it.

I bit the bullet and went for a full, fresh start. I deleted the rom slot and wiped internal and both sd cards. No more QP issues but I'm still getting random reboots on Liquid 2.5 and 2.7 (official).

It's odd - the "power" button sometimes doesn't function. Sometimes, I hit it and nothing comes up. Sometimes, I hit it and it doesn't just turn the screen off but acts as if I held it down (and asks if I want to reboot). It could very well be a physical thing with my button if no one else has had this issue.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and went for a full, fresh start. I deleted the rom slot and wiped internal and both sd cards. No more QP issues but I'm still getting random reboots on Liquid 2.5 and 2.7 (official).

It's odd - the "power" button sometimes doesn't function. Sometimes, I hit it and nothing comes up. Sometimes, I hit it and it doesn't just turn the screen off but acts as if I held it down (and asks if I want to reboot). It could very well be a physical thing with my button if no one else has had this issue.

Well I'm glad we got the errors fixed. Now, on the liquid rom you may have to look at those threads to see if it's a known bug or anything. I've never used that rom so I wouldn't even know where to start.