SD card issues

nissmo66

Reaction score
Lately my DX has been having problems writing to the SD card. For example Vingette will take a picture and then not be able to save to the SD card and it will spit an error saying it can't write to the SD. Another example is when launching SNESoid it couldn't read the SD and crashed...taking the entire /roms folder with it....

I'm using a new class 4 16 gig card, fully stock DX.

umpire.20

Reaction score
Lately my DX has been having problems writing to the SD card. For example Vingette will take a picture and then not be able to save to the SD card and it will spit an error saying it can't write to the SD. Another example is when launching SNESoid it couldn't read the SD and crashed...taking the entire /roms folder with it....

I'm using a new class 4 16 gig card, fully stock DX.

I too am using a stock Droid-X. Mine has a SanDisk 16gb card, (class 2), installed. A couple days ago, while NOT doing anything "card related", my phone showed a message that my card was either corrupted or had an improper file format. :frown:

Long and short ..... My card has "bitten the dust". It is not readable on a phone nor a computer (tried both MAC and PC). I'm in contact with SanDisk & it looks like they are going to send me a new card. New card - OK. :D Loss of ALL data that was on the old card - NOT OK. :frown:

I guess I'll have to get another card / thumb drive, and copy everything from phone card to "extra" card at regular intervals. This is really a pain in the butt.

matt.sherer

Reaction score
M has 8 GB internal and supports SD cards. Have a 32 GB card from DROID Pro. Cannot move apps to SD card. I can check the files on the card. Yet phone does not recognize card. Any help is much appreciated.

pdaniel219

Reaction score
It is true. You cannot move apps to the SD card now. I only found that out when I got my RazrM. I only have about 25 apps downloaded so its not that big of a deal to me. I heard there is a way to do it if you root.

matt.sherer

Reaction score
What is rooting and why would you do it? Why only have 8 GB of internal memory then? Very disappointed!

hillmom

Reaction score
What is rooting and why would you do it? Why only have 8 GB of internal memory then? Very disappointed!

Rooting gives access to the read only files. This allows you to delete apps that you don't want, as apposed to hiding them. Though one must be careful with the power, as some people have deleted important system apps.

I personally, am rooted. My DX, D3 and now RAZR M have all been rooted and custom ROM installed. I love it!

However, if you are going to root, I recommend you have everything ready to fastboot (the process of returning to stock).

Sent from my XT907