SD Card Effect on performance

redsoxnayshon

Reaction score
I just bought a 32GB micro SD card for my new droid Razr intending to use it for all of my music (I have roughly 22GB I want to put on it). Obviously, loading up the internal storage with a bunch of music will have an effect on the phones performance, but I am wondering what kind of effect loading up an SDcard will have. I would imagine it is comparable to loading up a second hard drive on my computer that my OS is not on, which has never slowed down my computer. Should I expect the same from my Razr?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I just bought a 32GB micro SD card for my new droid Razr intending to use it for all of my music (I have roughly 22GB I want to put on it). Obviously, loading up the internal storage with a bunch of music will have an effect on the phones performance, but I am wondering what kind of effect loading up an SDcard will have. I would imagine it is comparable to loading up a second hard drive on my computer that my OS is not on, which has never slowed down my computer. Should I expect the same from my Razr?
You shouldn't notice any difference.