Screwed Antenna's Firmware

Aldonio

Reaction score
Hello,

I installed a rom with a "tether hack", which screwed the firmware of the Antenna of my Droid 3.

Right now the phone became completely useless without the antenna, I can't even turn Airplane mode to turn this chip off, and the battery drains in about 3 hours because "it can't find a network".

The phone becomes unresponsive whenever I try to change options related with cellular networks, either via Options or via Program Menu (##7764726) and pressing *#06# gives me no IMEI at all.

I have tried everything I could, even running RadioComm, but even with RadioComm fails to read many variables related to cellular networks :/, so the phone is screwed badly.

By far, the only way the phone seems to accept a reconfiguration is with moto_nv commands (via CW zip install).

Is there either a way to fix it or a place where I can send my phone to fix it?

OP
A

Aldonio

Reaction score
Thank you for your help, but its the Antenna's firmware the screwed one, not the phone's firmware. I have already tried to flash every ROM I could without any success regarding this issue.

Skreelink

Reaction score
Thank you for your help, but its the Antenna's firmware the screwed one, not the phone's firmware. I have already tried to flash every ROM I could without any success regarding this issue.

Just fastboot the radio image. ;) ROMS to NOT flash the radio partition, you MUST fastboot it, the previously linked method WOULD have worked, but factory reset the entire phone.

Guide - Unlock XT862 for T-mobile/ATT - xda-developers

Follow the instructions found here (it's a link to getting the D3 to work on domestic GSM such as AT&T and T-Mobile). Except flash this radio image; DepositFiles (I pulled it from the 906 fastboot files), if your system is 890, let me know and I'll upload that radio instead.
Do not worry about the build.prop sections and whatnot, JUST the part about motofastboot and flashing the radio img. After you flash the radio, reboot, then it will show an android and a progress bar, afterwards the phone will reboot and you can OTA program the phone with *228 option 1.