Screenshots

MotoDroidTwo

Reaction score
How do you take a screenshot on your droid? Is it only available to root users? Thanks:)

Sent from my DROID2

dcook12

Reaction score
How do you take a screenshot on your droid? Is it only available to root users? Thanks:)

Sent from my DROID2

You search the forum....there are probably a hundred threads on this...Not being non helpful, but you usually won't get an answer when the same question has been asked so many times. People know you didn't search before you asked. I've done it too, so just search and you will find the answer....good luck...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yup root only. but its quick and easy (z4root) and then theres screenshot apps on the market - shootme or drocap 2

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Sent from my DROID2

You search the forum....there are probably a hundred threads on this...Not being non helpful, but you usually won't get an answer when the same question has been asked so many times. People know you didn't search before you asked. I've done it too, so just search and you will find the answer....good luck...

instead of typing out an answer like this telling him to search you could just tell him what he can do. the search on here isnt the best tool and hes on tapatalk so thats even worse.

not defending him, but what if every one of your questions were answered with "do a search" response?

OP
M

MotoDroidTwo

Reaction score
Thank you to abe. And to the other guy, i appreciate how you took the time to write me that helpful condescending message, when you could have just answered my question.

Sent from my DROID2

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
The search function is very bad, especially with tapatalk. I usually have better luck doing a Google search and finding something that way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes site:droidforums.net then entering what you want to search for is what i use :)

dcook12

Reaction score
Thank you to abe. And to the other guy, i appreciate how you took the time to write me that helpful condescending message, when you could have just answered my question.

Sent from my DROID2

Sorry..didn't mean to be condescending. I've been told that on many questions I asked. My reason believe it or not was to be helpful. There are so many posts on the same question, based on your phone, whether you are rooted or not that have very specific answers that people put a lot of time in answering. Like I said I've been told to search, did so and found my answer. I should have just skipped it and kept reading on. When someone tells you to search because there are great answers already written never actually made me upset or feel blown off. So sorry and I won't be using that response anymore...I am anything but condescending ...believe me...

rpk717

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID2

Sorry..didn't mean to be condescending. I've been told that on many questions I asked. My reason believe it or not was to be helpful. There are so many posts on the same question, based on your phone, whether you are rooted or not that have very specific answers that people put a lot of time in answering. Like I said I've been told to search, did so and found my answer. I should have just skipped it and kept reading on. When someone tells you to search because there are great answers already written never actually made me upset or feel blown off. So sorry and I won't be using that response anymore...I am anything but condescending ...believe me...

I've seen recommendations to do a search many times, can't remember anyone calling it condescending, usually a thank you from the OP and a statement admitting that they hadn't done their due diligence.

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
Not to take away from the subject at hand but many people completely skip the idea of actually searching for an answer before posting. dcook12 is right, their are a ton of great write ups already pertaining to the same cumbersome questions. I'm an IT guy, the first thing I say to someone with a computer question is..."did you reboot?" Same thing with a forum with the same questions over and over "Did you search for it". It's not being rude at all I don't think. To me, you will find your answer a lot quicker using the search feature rather than waiting for an answer, who knows when someone will answer it.

Goodl Luck to all.

dcook12

Reaction score
Not to take away from the subject at hand but many people completely skip the idea of actually searching for an answer before posting. dcook12 is right, their are a ton of great write ups already pertaining to the same cumbersome questions. I'm an IT guy, the first thing I say to someone with a computer question is..."did you reboot?" Same thing with a forum with the same questions over and over "Did you search for it". It's not being rude at all I don't think. To me, you will find your answer a lot quicker using the search feature rather than waiting for an answer, who knows when someone will answer it.

Goodl Luck to all.

Thank you Wuzz for understanding what I meant. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but with forums, social sites etc it's hard to express or understand the human element (meaning when you type, nobody really knows if someone is being flip, sarcastic etc...) I guess that's the best way I can put it....but I really did mean to help but could have explained it better. Thanks again for understanding what I meant!! It is greatly appreciated!! When you get 15 negative responses (i am exaggerating) It's great to have a nice one come along :)

hi2karen

Reaction score
I find this feature frustrating loss. It is possible to run an application that takes screenshots of Android, but you must have root access - and for most manufacturers, if you do, you may void the warranty. Furthermore, restricting their application root access is one reason Linux users are very pleased with their operating system