how to take a screenshot

lady schae

Reaction score
Ok, so probably a stupid question, but does anybody know how to take a screenshot from your phone? My friend has an iphone and she can do it, I was wondering if the Droid can do it as well. I was trying to explain an app to my friend and a screenshot would've helped a ton.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
If your rooted You can use shootme from the market.

I'm not rooted. I'm scared that my lack of computer skills will result in my phone becoming a brick if I root it.

Z4root is a free app. You press ''root'' and you are rooted. Simple as that. The download shootme, or drocap, or whichever screenshot app you want.
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
lady schae

lady schae

Reaction score
Will I still run the risk of turning it into a paperweight if I do something wrong later on? I'm really really really slow with what these things can really do. I can make napalm in a chemistry lab, but I can't operate a smartphone. :icon_eek:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought there was a very old thread that provided the information you need but I was not able to locate it. I use DroCap but it only works on rooted phones.

Good luck.

Mike

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Will I still run the risk of turning it into a paperweight if I do something wrong later on? I'm really really really slow with what these things can really do. I can make napalm in a chemistry lab, but I can't operate a smartphone. :icon_eek:
I don't see how.... it honestly an app that does it all automatically for you. After its done, when you open z4root, you will have a reroot and unroot button. Simplest thing I've ever done. Changing ringtones is more complicated

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Abby Normal

Reaction score
So what happens if I use this, root my phone, and change the theme. then decide to unroot....

will my droid go back to the original theme or everything get all screwed up??

Yes I am a noob in this area....