Screen

Reaction score
Anyone else having a dent affect in the middle of there screen when you press moderately hard on it? I just got my droid x 4days ago..is it normal or should I take it back for a new one?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
The Droid X has an actual glass screen..you shouldnt be able to "bend"it at all... But, how hard is "moderate"...and why press hard at all?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

en28so

Reaction score
Press moderately? I barely touch my screen for it to work. I would never press hard on my screen. Like the other person asked, why press hard at all?

clayrebel

Reaction score
I have this issue as well. I first began noticing this when I switched cases. I noticed the middle of the screen had the "bubble"affect.
I then removed the case and pressed lightly in the middle of the screen (and I mean lightly). Then the bubble affect happened again. My friends x didn't do this, not even if he pressed hard.
I went to the vzw store and the rep said if it begins to become an issue my warranty would cover it, meaning if it gets worse, I'll get a refurb which I don't want.

I currently have my x with no battery cover and have a gel case on. This has helped. I don't think this screen issue is normal but did notice many of us who purchased this phone recently have had this problem.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Seriously, how hard do you guys press your screens? This newfangled gimmickry is capacitative, meaning it registers the electromagnetic field of your finger. Anything more than a soft press is asking for trouble, and completely unnecessary. Its not like a touchpad for a laptop. Pressing harder certainly won't make it work better.

homeriv

Reaction score
Hello, new here and to smartphones. I got my droid x two weeks ago and am having the same issue as well. The spot is centered left to right and about 2/3 up from the bottom of the screen. With mine its not a matter of too pressing too hard. In fact, I can if I touch the bottom of the screen that spot becomes the rainbow circle thingy. Strangely I have been watching it appear and disappear over the course of the past couple weeks. However, when its there it is even visible when the phone is off. I have found that leaving the phone out of my pocket for an hour or so causes it to disappear. Then I go out and put the phone in my pocket and after a few minutes, bam, there it is again.

I have also found that squeezing the chasis of the phone slightly makes the spot grow bigger. Not pressing on the screen, but giving it a slight from the sides like when gripping it normally.

I am seriously considering returning for replacement.

homeriv

Reaction score
Mine was still in "trial peroid" so I exchanged it for another one. Screen is fine on this one. Only problem now is this replacement phone is the "new" model that comes with a meager 2GB SD card instead of the 16GB SD that the other one came with, arghhh.

OP
JayakamrdroidX
Reaction score
Yeah I took mine back. They send me a new one thru next day air because they knew they ****ed up but they let me put my 16 gb back into my phone..also I know they gave me a old droid x because I just got mine last friday an it came with a 16gb instend of a 2gb..so in the end it was a win win:)

OP
JayakamrdroidX
Reaction score
Take it back ..and did you goto an authorized retailer or the real Verizon wireless store?

homeriv

Reaction score
I bought mine through Newegg. Well they are sold through neweeg but its actually another firm that handles the cell phone sales. They also told me to just go ahead and switch the SD cards and keep the 16GB card. Males me real nervous though. Just have to wait and see if they try to charge me for it.

brentnotbret

Reaction score
I had the same issue with the rainbow spot in the middle of the screen. It happened after putting a case on with the OEM extended battery and back. If I took the battery cover off and the case back on it resolved.

homeriv

Reaction score
Mine appeared with stock battery and no case. My replacement does not have a problem.

sugarnova

Reaction score
I have this issue as well. I don't use the battery cover and that helps unless it gets cold, then it just does it anyway. So far, it hasn't caused a problem. I'm not swapping to a refurb over it, unless I start to see an actual problem.

And as far as putting pressure on the screen, it just happens when you clean the screen and such. It's natural.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

homeriv

Reaction score
I was fortunate that my spot appeared within in the 15 day satisfaction guarantee that came with my phone and did not have to exchange for refurb as per warranty. This one doesn't do any of that rainbow spot stuff. Not even if I put a little pressure on the screen. Way different then the other one.