Screen Went Black and won't work! Droid 2

kelmvor

Reaction score
Hello, i JUST got my droid 2 less than a week ago. WHile texting the screen went black. So I tried removing battery, restarting, starting without mem card, etc. etc. it IS on though, it is vibrating when I get a text, at one point it just started playing the music I was listening to earlier, I cannot do any kind of reset because nothing shows up on my screen. Is there ANY thing I can do? I have read "Similar" problems on here, but they are all old so looking for some fresh answers. It does light up. my home keys and keyboard when slid out are light up, idk...please help! I can connect to the usb, and access the phone via usb, does that help? thank you.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Your screen died. For whatever reason, it's no longer functional.

Take it back. You have a 30-day warranty even without the insurance, so you're covered.

:welcome: to the forum and sorry your first post is on such a sad subject. :(

OP
K

kelmvor

Reaction score
i can just do this at the store so I don't have to wait for the mailing and all that?

OP
K

kelmvor

Reaction score
lol alright, thank you i suppose I will do that. I did buy it online though, that's why I was asking. is this a common problem?

OP
K

kelmvor

Reaction score
also if it matters when it's booting up I guess I get a kinda light. like. the screen lights up but nothing is there.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
The LEDs work, the screen itself doesn't. I've not heard of it, but it'll happen with any technology.

As for buying online, did you get directly from Verizon or from another company? Because you'd need to contact them, most likely.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
The go to a corporate store. An "authorized" VZW store or an independent might not be able to, or willing to, help.

There's a tool on Verizon's website to help you locate a company store.

OP
K

kelmvor

Reaction score
yes I have one in my area, just wasn't sure how it would work. thank you so much for you help and quick responses, I'll update tomorrow incase others ever have this problem.

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
Hello, i JUST got my droid 2 less than a week ago. WHile texting the screen went black. So I tried removing battery, restarting, starting without mem card, etc. etc. it IS on though, it is vibrating when I get a text, at one point it just started playing the music I was listening to earlier, I cannot do any kind of reset because nothing shows up on my screen. Is there ANY thing I can do? I have read "Similar" problems on here, but they are all old so looking for some fresh answers. It does light up. my home keys and keyboard when slid out are light up, idk...please help! I can connect to the usb, and access the phone via usb, does that help? thank you.
You can attempt a soft reset even though you cannot see the screen.

Alt+Shift+Delete does a soft reset of the phone. That said, I don't think it will help. The hard reset requires you to see the display, so it probably will do you no good.

How to hard reset the Motorola DROID 2 - Know Your Cell

As others have said, I think you'll need to bring it back.