Screen visibility in sunlight - still a big issue?

goffredo

Reaction score
Is anyone able to give a comparison of how the Droid Incredible 2 compares to the regular Incredible, with regard to the screen?

When I bought my original DINC, the one complaint that really had me worried was reviewers' notes that the screen was almost impossible to see if you were in outside and in sunlight. And indeed, in the bright sun, I have to take off my sunglasses, swirl around to make some shade, shield the phone from the sun with my hand, and squint really hard, and I can still barely make out what's on the screen. I would have to say this is really my only complaint with this phone.

I'm curious to know how the DINC2 compares, if anybody has compared the two side-by-side?

anguish

Reaction score
Not horrible if I have the brightness turned up. I would say it has been on par with my Droid 2 Global...which would naturally get washed out easy if brightness was set low.

That said, I still on occasion take my sunglasses off to read it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
G

goffredo

Reaction score
Good to know. Even if the DINC2 performs slightly better than the DINC in this situation, it would be a welcomed improvement.

anguish

Reaction score
I admit though, it takes a bit to get me annoyed with some things, and this is one of them.

I was at an event today, and I went and specifically tested this, paying attention to it. It's still washed out, but not as bad as other phones I've had. The sun is hard to compete with sometimes, especially if you want to retain any juice in your battery!