The screen in the sun

marioval

Reaction score
My wifes iphone screen when outside in the sun can be seen rather well. My Rez screen looks like it was dipped in mud. I have to tilt it up and use my hand to make a sun shield and squint and look a fool just to barely see whats on the screen. Any advice?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Take it off auto-brightness and turn the brightness up to 100%. Also make sure that your screen is clean. It makes a difference. I can see mine in broad daylight. Some phones are better in sunlight then others. The Rezound is good but not great outdoors.

Last edited:

Islander53

Reaction score
Take it off auto-brightness and turn the brightness up to 100%. Also make sure that your screen is clean. It makes a difference. I can see mine in broad daylight. Some phones are better in sunlight then others. The Rezound is good but not great outdoors.

How much battery life do you get with 100% and is it with an extended battery ?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wifes iphone screen when outside in the sun can be seen rather well. My Rez screen looks like it was dipped in mud. I have to tilt it up and use my hand to make a sun shield and squint and look a fool just to barely see whats on the screen. Any advice?

Clean your screen
Not been facetious, just the mud you wrote of is probably oil and a good cleaning makes a huge difference.
Mine does it too and mud is an excellent description of it.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
sent from this Galaxy

Last edited:

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Islander53 said:

Yes, I have an extended battery and at the end of the day my battery level is about 10% lower than with auto brightness. But that will be different based on your usage.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Islander53

Reaction score
Thanks...I' ll have to try those settings. I have the HTC 2750 extended battery.

Xander Crews

Reaction score

As others have said...
  • Clean your screen
  • Turn up the brightness
  • Use a brightness toggle widget that will switch your screen from low to mid to high brightness just by touching the icon/widget on your home screen. It makes changing the brightness much, much quicker and easier.
I can see my Rezound screen just fine in the sun with the brightness only on about 70%.
But if it's on about 30%, it's almost impossible to see in the bright sun.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I am getting 12 to 14 hours easy. I have gone over 24 before. Full brightness and 4G on all the time.

I use the physical power button to turn my display off when I am not actually using it. but my usage include music (at the gym...so 90 minutes straight) and reading books and news sites. Games still eat my battery like candy.