Inc2 screen in bright sunlight?

Riley

Reaction score
I have been trying to make a decision on getting the D3 verses the Inc2. I have had the D3 on loan a week. Hows the Inc2 screen in bright sunlight, with and without sunglasses? This could be what tips my scales

Thanks

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

nikecar

Reaction score
it can get washed out in the direct sun. As for glasses, depends. Do you have UV filtered glasses or not?

I find with my UV filtered sunglasses, its harder to see ANYTHING on a screen. At the beach I swore my regular camera was broken as I couldn't see the display. Take the glasses off, and I can. But that doesn't happen with my non-uv sunglasses.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I have been trying to make a decision on getting the D3 verses the Inc2. I have had the D3 on loan a week. Hows the Inc2 screen in bright sunlight, with and without sunglasses? This could be what tips my scales

Thanks

Haven't used a D3, but the dinc2 does better than my Droid X in the sun. It is not amazing, but it is readable in most sunlight. Just make sure to have the brightness up or on auto.

As far as sunglasses, it is fine as long as they are not polarized. Polarized can cause some issues reading the screen depending on how you hold it.

OP
Riley

Riley

Reaction score
Thanks folks. I wear polarized prescription sunglasses and oddly enough the D3 looks awesomely clear to me no matter what way I hold it.

M

Mwsr

In the sun the screen is terrible. My only other Droid was the fascinate so thats what im comparing it to.

midweststreetryders.com

sacnotsack

Reaction score
Being in the sunniest place in America, i don't think my vote counts as most of the time when I am in direct sunlight It gets very hard to see.

Sent from my DINC2 in Yuma, AZ

BetoVazq

Reaction score
I have the DROID X2 and I can see the screen clearly in the sun. The reason for that is cause it has a anti-glare screen.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

ABQNM

Reaction score
I have the DROID X2 and I can see the screen clearly in the sun. The reason for that is cause it has a anti-glare screen.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

The X2 and the D3 both have an IPS pentile screen. These are more reflective and work better in sunlight. The dinc2 Super LCD is very good in sunlight but not the best.