Screen turns off repeatedly

bill22uu

Reaction score
There are times when my Droid's screen turns off in the middle of doing something and then turns itself off in seconds every time I get it back on. This has happened several times. What causes this? What can I do to stop it?

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Are you rooted and overclocked? If so try a different speed. If you are not rooted backup all your apps and then uninstall them. If your phone keeps doing it you have a problem. If it stops, then start reinstalling your apps slowly. Try to figure out which one is messing you up.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Run through the settings, I can't remember exactly where but the global has a pocket detect function that occasionally causes this issue.

tappin and a talkin

OP
B

bill22uu

Reaction score
I'm not rooted or overclocked. I checked the settings (Display) and turned off In-Pocket Detection. So far, so good. Thanks!

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I did not know about that setting that's good to know.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya its on the global and pro as of now and I think it defaults to being on but I think it needed a little bit more testing since many people have been having issues with it.

tappin and a talkin

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Guess that's why I had no idea. I have the regular droid 2.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Exactly. We may end up seeing it on our device in a future update since it just utilizes the light and/or proximity sensor.

tappin and a talkin

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I had my phone do the same as he was talking about and I had a crazy application. I don't remember what it was, but I was just constantly downloading apps then.

snowman51789

Reaction score
sorry if this is a newbie question but i am new to smart phones but how do i back up my apps? i am having the same problem and thats what i want to try.
thanks

ensign

Reaction score
My wife and I are experiencing this problem occasionally with our non-Global Droid 2 phones. As far as I can tell, pocket detection isn't available on the non-Global phone. Sometimes the only way we can recover is to pull the battery or do a full reboot of the phone. Any ideas as to how to resolve this issue on the non-Global Droid 2?

Thanks!

raven1911

Reaction score
sorry if this is a newbie question but i am new to smart phones but how do i back up my apps? i am having the same problem and thats what i want to try.
thanks

DL Astro file manager->Menu->tools->application manager/backup-> check the top right checkmark to check all apps in your phone-> hit backup.

raven1911

Reaction score
My wife and I are experiencing this problem occasionally with our non-Global Droid 2 phones. As far as I can tell, pocket detection isn't available on the non-Global phone. Sometimes the only way we can recover is to pull the battery or do a full reboot of the phone. Any ideas as to how to resolve this issue on the non-Global Droid 2?

Thanks!

Me too. My wife and I are experiencing this problem as well as the freezing of the power button. Phone goes back and wont turn back on using the power button. Very annoying. I am thinking of returning the phones and trying new ones.

CLMspartan

Reaction score

Thanks!

Same problem. The screen won't light up for several seconds... maybe 15. It's even did it a few times when I had incoming calls and there was nothing I could do to answer. It lit up right at the last second this last time. Sometimes it just takes a few seconds but I've also had to do a pull before.

I really love this phone but its started to get glitchy and I'm getting worried. My world really kind of revolves around my phone...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you