Droid 2 screen not unlocking issue

blaisedinsd

Reaction score
If you reset you will lose everything that's not backed up. Usually your google account should backup your apps from market (but not data, you will lose your progress in angrybirds for instance), your calendar and contacts associated with your google account. Your notes will be lost, but if they are important you should find a way of backing them up anyway. I think some apps you log in and restore your notes that way. Oh and of course all your home screen customization will be gone too.

Backing up is important. If you get a replacement phone you will lose a bunch of stuff if you don't backup. So you may want to go ahead and try a reset, just expect to lose some stuff.

I am not really an expert, but I know there is a factory reset option in the settings menu, I think under privacy. Its factory data reset. There is another way too you might want to try if that doesn't work, I am searching for those instructions if you want them.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If I remember right factory reset wipes cache as well. Regardless, most use recovery to wipe because it does it all right there.

To wipe data/cache in recovery:
Hold x when turning on
Hit the search softkey when its to the droid with an exclamation point behind it
Use volume rocker to go down to wipe data/cache
Press camera button to select
Select yes, camera button to select
When done select reboot now and then press the camera button again to reboot.

In order to save your data (such as in angry birds) use titanium back up (requires root) before wiping.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
L

lucey

Reaction score
My phone automatically does the "back up assistant" every night, I know this because from time to time I will wake up to a backup failed message. So is that back up assistant doing the job for me when it comes to backing my crap up like apps. Whateer the backup assistant is, it was pre-installed on my phone and it does the nightly backup since I got it so I really have no clue what it does or how it works.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Back up assistant is vzw's version of the gmail contact backup. Its not needed since gmail/facebook have all your contact information saved anyways.

Sent from my Liberated D2G