screen too sensitive!

timmay

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Just recently my screen on my LG G3 has become super sensitive. Whenever i try to swipe on the screen, I end up hitting the icons. Wherever I swipe it acts like a "press" instead. Anyone have any solutions for this?

Another possibly unrelated issue is when I'm typing using the keyboard, some of the letters just decide to not work. I will hit a letter several times but it won't activate. My only current temporary fix is restarting the phone. Any insight into this issue would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just curious... Is this only happening when you're plugged into the charger?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just curious... Is this only happening when you're plugged into the charger?
Funny you mention that but my G2 is much less sensitive when plugged in, causing all kinds of errors.
Op, I'm probably preaching to the choir but have you tried a reboot or power on in safe mode to see if an app might be the culprit? Safe mode, while the phone is on long press the power button to get the off option to show up, long press the off selection, choose safe mode. To get back to regular mode just power off and reboot as normal.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OK. Cheap, poorly filtered power supplies and/or cheap replacement USB cables that are poorly shielded can allow RF interference to distort the values that the digitizer reports from screen presses and fool it into thinking your finger is somewhere else. It's commonly referred to as Ghost typing. Still, the problem could be related to a dirty screen (more common in earlier generations of capacitive digitizers), interfering apps, failing digitizers or possibly other causes I can't think of ATM.