Screen Protectors?

Beka27

Reaction score
What are people looking at for screen protectors?

I know not everyone uses them (Gorilla Glass argument, etc...) but we do use protectors. We have an 8yo boy who loves his Angry Birds... :happy3:

I have the Spigen Steinheil Ultra Clear on my DX which has been awesome, but wondering what some other options are that you've found.

Links please if you have them.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Idk about this device, but there are probably going to be tons of possibilities, steinheil, the verizon variety, ghost armor, zagg invisishield, armor suit military suit... and many many more. The hard ones like steinheils, are good, but scratch.. but its not a big deal.

Military shield is like a zagg, but it has a slippery surface, so its more like the glass. Same stuff as the zagg, just without the textured surface.

The zagg is a good protector, just feels like your sliding your thumb over a racing tire :)

Ghost armor is similar to zagg and military shield to.

That's the extent of my knowledge :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Last edited:

teddbag

Reaction score
Didn't see any big difference between screen guards,just some difference on ads respectively..

shortsxit

Reaction score
Idk about this device, but there are probably going to be tons of possibilities, steinheil, the verizon variety, ghost armor, zagg invisishield, armor suit military suit... and many many more. The hard ones like steinheils, are good, but scratch.. but its not a big deal.

Military shield is like a zagg, but it has a slippery surface, so its more like the glass. Same stuff as the zagg, just without the textured surface.

The zagg is a good protector, just feels like your sliding your thumb over a racing tire :)

Ghost armor is similar to zagg and military shield to.

That's the extent of my knowledge :)

I've always hated the friction that the Zagg protector's create, so I might have to check out the Military shield. Does it still have the "orange peel"?

B_freer

Reaction score
Using a dry application e-bay shield at the moment, but the bezel area is curved upward at the edges, which fudges up the protector. Thinking about a wet-application but I've had those trip LDI's before. Guess I could just do the sleazy thing and put in a loss claim on my insurance if the phone ever has warranty issues.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've always hated the friction that the Zagg protector's create, so I might have to check out the Military shield. Does it still have the "orange peel"?

Mine are crystal clear.. and after the initial application, they aren't grippy... little or no friction on your thumb... .. I love the military shield.. no orange peel on then either.. and they're easier to line up for install.

BamBammm

Reaction score
there are a lot of options, i ordered the Fosomon screen protector it was only $1.71, when i get it ill let everyone know what i think :) Amazon.com: galaxy

bikrgran

Reaction score
I just got Tech Armor Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint Screen Protectors from Amazon.com for the S3. LOVE them, as there's no glare, or fingerprints, but if you hold it just right you can see the smear from the swiping. <G> HOWEVER, it does NOT totally cover the screen. It's about 1/8" short/narrow all the way around. Not a BIG problem, just think if they are going to advertise it for the S3, it should FIT the S3. This is what I THOUGHT I was getting for my tab 10.1" but the glare and fingerprints are as bad as the original screen, so the only advantage to THAT one is preventing scratches to the screen.

PhDCow

Reaction score
I got the Zagg on Friday and ripped it off this weekend. The BB employee did the installation just fine, but the screen protector doesn't fit well around the curves in the back. I was getting bubbles and I couldn't use any case because it would just push the bubbles up onto the screen area.

I just got a pack of VZW protectors. Now that I know how to apply them to be speck-free (you need a lot of scotch tape), this is great.

zacedward

Reaction score
PhDCow said:
I got the Zagg on Friday and ripped it off this weekend. The BB employee did the installation just fine, but the screen protector doesn't fit well around the curves in the back. I was getting bubbles and I couldn't use any case because it would just push the bubbles up onto the screen area.

I just got a pack of VZW protectors. Now that I know how to apply them to be speck-free (you need a lot of scotch tape), this is great.

Did you get the zagg hd i have one coming tomarrow i hope i dont have that problem

Dizzo1992

Reaction score
Does anybody know if they make any screen protectors that just cover the s3 screen and not the top and bottom of it? I think it would look ugly with it on the top and bottom.

PhDCow

Reaction score
Did you get the zagg hd i have one coming tomarrow i hope i dont have that problem

Yes, that was the one. It's the curved edges that are the problem. I wish they had made a slit or something so that it would fit smoothly and lay flat.

Trapper31

Reaction score
I've also been looking for a good screen protector. Be sure to check out the Screen Protector? thread in the General Discussions forum, there are some good opinions and experiences in there.