Screen protector recommendations?

Anedae

Reaction score
Hey all, now I know this topic has been discussed and debated and argued over for a long time. I've spent the last few hours reading through a lot of older threads from months ago but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for and nothing came up for recent discussions.

I'm currently considering the Zagg, the Steinheil UC, maybe Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal for both my DX and D2.

One common complaint with the boxwave is that the edges seem to have problems with coming up or curling - anyone experience that issue?

The biggest complaint with the Zagg seems to be the orange peel type feel - does the Zagg also seem to blur the screen a lot? I'm very concerned with clarity on my screen but I don't really mind the drag too much. Although I want to be able to use one of the capacitive stylus pens out there for a few things and it would be good if the protector didn't interfere too much with that.

The steinheil seems to have a lot of good recommendations as well, but some people really dislike it and recommend the others.

Does anyone that has had these protectors for a couple months have anything to offer as far as experience and advice regarding them? I'd prefer to hear from people that have been using em for awhile, so I know some of the duration of quality on them.

How do they compare to each other? I know its a lot of personal preference and I'm likely over analyzing it all... but I'd appreciate the help.

On another note - has anyone tried the leather case from Boxwave for the X or 2? I'm interested, but not so keen on the idea of another layer of plastic over the keyboard on the D2....

Jordan8

Reaction score
I've had a Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint on my DX since I got it & love it.

OP
A

Anedae

Reaction score
Anymore recommendations? I'm still researching and watching videos but I don't know

rclark04

Reaction score
I had the zagg on my droid1 and thought it was kind of sticky. Was smooth at all. I put the anti glare from Verizon on my X and it seems to be fine. It's real smooth, it goes on dry. Just have to make sure the screen is really clean.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Blackwater

Reaction score
I have the Invisa Shield form Zagg on my Droid and Droid X. It is not as smooth as the regular screen protectors. Knowing that you can not scratch it, and it will last as long as the phone does. Makes up for it.

REARless

Reaction score
For what it is worth, I have had my Droid X since its release date several months ago. I carry it in my pocket everyday and have never used a screen protector.

There are ZERO scratches on the Gorilla Glass.

IMHO screen protectors are a waste of money.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
After about a week the ZAGG feels as smooth as the Gorilla Glass screen it comes with, IMO. I've never been happier with a screen protector. People complain about applying the protector but I've had no issues on 3 different devices.

ZAGG all the way for me!!!

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score
For what it is worth, I have had my Droid X since its release date several months ago. I carry it in my pocket everyday and have never used a screen protector.

There are ZERO scratches on the Gorilla Glass.

IMHO screen protectors are a waste of money.

It just depends on how careful (or careless) you are with your electronic stuff. I, too, think I could be totally fine with no screen protector, as I am very careful how I carry, handle, and place my phone. You just don't go dropping a $500+ phone all over the place.

But....just in case, heh....I have the Verizon anti-glare screen cover and it works great, no bubbles, no glare, and way less fingerprints. Functionally, it has a nice, smooth glide with your finger as you swipe around. Very satisfied with it.

Ideally I would probably like the ultra clear protectors, but worry about the likely glare and definitely the fingerprint issue.

Zecpull

Reaction score
I had a screen protector on my D1 for 3 months.. it had some scratches..so I went Naked. and Loved it for the rest of a year. No scratches.. and the screen works so much better. My X will Stay Naked.. Gorilla glass does not Scratch.

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
Go to BestSkinsEver.com They have a screen protector that is just like the InvisaShield but a lot cheaper. I have used these on several of my phones and family memebers phones. They have a sticky/tack feel but I like them much better than the dry screen protectors. I have tired multiple ones of those too. and they always start to peel after a few days of in and out of a pocket of holster.. thats if you get the screeen clean enough to apply it without getting lint in there

Jordan8

Reaction score
I use steinheil not for scratch protection really, since the phone can protect its self from that. But for anti fingerprint & glare reduction.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ALorenzo91

Reaction score
I have to say I love Zagg, a little on the sticky side, but clarity was fine and It's been a couple of months and it never fell off.