Screen Protector intalls with water on it??

V

verian

Just got my screen protectors in the mail, I clicked on one of the adds in DF and placed the order. It states that you should place each piece in a bowl/cup of water and then stick it on your phone. I did it and it seem to work but I got nervous and took it back off. Is that water near your phone vary safe? It made the screen look like there was moisture on it <not the air bubbles> does that dry and go away? If you've done this please let me know how it work out and if its safe?

Yes I did take the battery out for safety

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
The invisible shield instructions do outline using water. I know when I had my IS put on at Best Buy they used a solution (the phone was completely saturated). The solution didn't seem to effect the phone, however because they squeegeed the IS so tightly the solution never dried after the recommended 24 hours (as it was an air-tight seal) .

What I had was a rainbow/moray effect under the shield due to the solution not drying. Best Buy was kind enough to give me a refund. I use the standard Verizon plastic shields and put them on dry. It can be a little tricking especially if you get lint or dust under the shield, which I recommend you use a clear piece of tape to remove any of the debris.

I've found that by using a credit card size piece of plastic helps work the bubbles out. Start at the top of the phone where the ear piece is and work your way down.

WVOz1970

Reaction score
I've installed four Invisible shields on various products, including my Droid. You get your fingers wet before picking up the protector pieces. You also coat the pieces with water (the solution they send is pretty much water).

I was always a bit nervous, so as I squeegee the shield pieces in place, I hold a paper towel close by to absorb the water as it comes out. I've not had a problem yet with any of my devices. All the water comes out though. And the occasional tiny bubble that doesn't squegee out will disappear after a day or two.

Last edited:

WVOz1970

Reaction score
I should add... Invisible Shields come with either a sponge or a spray bottle. You don't soak the pieces, you just drag them across the sponge or spray them.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use the the shields that come with the spray solution and it works awesome. I was scared at first as well but now I know it is ok to be pretty liberal with the spray. I literally have zero bubbles!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The invisible shield instructions do outline using water. I know when I had my IS put on at Best Buy they used a solution (the phone was completely saturated). The solution didn't seem to effect the phone, however because they squeegeed the IS so tightly the solution never dried after the recommended 24 hours (as it was an air-tight seal) .

What I had was a rainbow/moray effect under the shield due to the solution not drying. Best Buy was kind enough to give me a refund. I use the standard Verizon plastic shields and put them on dry. It can be a little tricking especially if you get lint or dust under the shield, which I recommend you use a clear piece of tape to remove any of the debris.

I've found that by using a credit card size piece of plastic helps work the bubbles out. Start at the top of the phone where the ear piece is and work your way down.

i have IS as well. when i first installed it there was some rainbow effect under, but that went away within 24hrs.

Detonation

Reaction score
As long as your phone has been off for a little while with the battery pulled, and you leave plenty of time for it to dry before turning it back on afterward, a little water during installation is nothing to be worried about. I've done 7 skin installs like this on various devices over the years and never had a single problem. Water in/on the device when its powered on is what could cause an issue.