Screen issues

Varelse

Reaction score
I cant get my screen to rotate without having to open the keypad. I have the right settings, and i cant figure out whats wrong. This is my second replacement phone, and it was working earlier. I did a factory reset on my phone, and still nothing. can anyone suggest anything for me?

the rotation works in apps, such as the browser, but yea just on the home screen, it wont rotate.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Kalian

Reaction score
100% sure. i checked around other forums, other people are having this issue as well.

android central forums:

Home Screen Rotate - At Least For Me - Android Central Forums

It's not an issue. It's part of the design.

The HOMESCREEN will NOT orientate into landscape mode without deploying the keyboard....

EVER : )

I could have sworn that it did when I first got it...

that's why I was under the impression something was wrong with my phone as well when i noticed it yesterday.

Kalian

Reaction score
Actually now that I think about it, it did landscape on the home screen when I first got it (on the launch date). I'm having the same problem as OP. Anyone else having this issue?

drewshaver

Reaction score
There have been a number of reports of the phone going landscape when they first used it. And also coming out of the home dock.

This is most certainly NOT expected behavior. Landscope on home screen and contacts is only activated by sliding out the kb.

My guess about the intital thing, is maybe the sensor to see if the kb was knocked someway and just needed to be used once. The dock thing would be an os glitch.

Kalian

Reaction score
There have been a number of reports of the phone going landscape when they first used it. And also coming out of the home dock.

This is most certainly NOT expected behavior. Landscope on home screen and contacts is only activated by sliding out the kb.

My guess about the intital thing, is maybe the sensor to see if the kb was knocked someway and just needed to be used once. The dock thing would be an os glitch.

I doubt its a hardware issue. Seems more like something on the software side. Possibly another bug like that on the camera driver?

I did skim through the manual and it does seem that landscape mode was only meant for apps but I liked it better when it landscaped on the home screen as well.

I'm just glad nothing is wrong with my phone