Screen is unresponsive, random screen presses on its own.

LOUISSSSS

Reaction score
I get this about once a day:

Screen becomes unresponsive. Even after restart. Seems like something is touching the screen in ramdom places and opens up random apps, random keys on On screen keyboard.

Restart does not fix this. Ending all tasks does not fix this. What do you guys suggest?

Xemnova

Reaction score
Uh oh, sounds like the phone I had before my Moto Droid. It was a Samsung Glyde. It random screen pressed the back button for about 20 minutes multiple times a day (not exaggerating) before I could do anything. Hence my move to a better phone. I would say either wait for an update or not take the chance and get it replaced ASAP, before your warranty runs out or before it gets even worse. I'd say it was a Hardware issue that seems to pop up everyone once and awhile. All you can do is get it fixed by verizon really.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Screen becomes unresponsive. Even after restart. Seems like something is touching the screen in ramdom places and opens up random apps, random keys on On screen keyboard.

Restart does not fix this. Ending all tasks does not fix this. What do you guys suggest?

Are you rooted?

rda990

Reaction score
C
Uh oh, sounds like the phone I had before my Moto Droid. It was a Samsung Glyde. It random screen pressed the back button for about 20 minutes multiple times a day (not exaggerating) before I could do anything.

Same exact phone my friend has and same exact problem...he would touch the top of the screen and the phone would think he touched the bottom...if I had that phone the first day it did that to me it would be shattered that same moment...surprised Samsung didn't recall that phone.

As to the droid problem...it has happened to me about 4 days ago...happened right after I got out of the beach,and the time before that it also was after I touched water.My conclusion was that the screen was wet/wouldn't recognize my fingers exactly where I touched it. Restarting it wouldn't do anything so I turned it off and let it "dry" for 1 hour or so and turned it on after...then it worked :).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

antron007

Reaction score

Was it hot? My Droid gets cracky like that when its hot because the touch screen is heat sensitive.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Xemnova

Reaction score
Heh, yea I recall a many a time when I wanted to throw that phone against the wall in my room. Not on the first days however. I'm also surprised it wasn't recalled 'cause when we contacted verizon they even said that the manufacturer KNEW that almost ALL the phones had that problem. But this is way off topic haha. Droid is FTW anyways and I want to forget that old piece of junk I had before hand.
And WOAH! A rescue squad member! Whats it take to become one of them?

OP
L

LOUISSSSS

Reaction score

Are you rooted?

No im not rooted. Im better today. What I did was

End all tasks
Uninstall all apps that I haven't used in a month
Restart phone.

The phone WAS baking in my pokcket for an hour as I was sweating and playing some intensive sports then riding my bike home. Ill try to isolate whether it was an app slowing me down or if it was moisture/heat from my pants pocket. what do u guys think it is?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Are you rooted?

No im not rooted. Im better today. What I did was

End all tasks
Uninstall all apps that I haven't used in a month
Restart phone.

The phone WAS baking in my pokcket for an hour as I was sweating and playing some intensive sports then riding my bike home. Ill try to isolate whether it was an app slowing me down or if it was moisture/heat from my pants pocket. what do u guys think it is?

My guess...moisture/heat. Both things never good for electronics.

Glad it's working again!

Xemnova

Reaction score
If your phone was boiling in before you even started a sport activity then id say it was the background processes slowing your phone down and then the heat on top of it. Glad your phone is working good again! :D

brippeon

Reaction score
I had the same problem it wasnt I dont think it was because of heat though, mine was never hot. I went to the VZW store last night talked to tech and they said they would send me a new one. I would recommend doing the same. Mine is all beat up from being dropped and a new one will be great.