screen is black once i unlock

aj8600

Reaction score
every once in a while when i unlock my droid, all i see is a black screen and the status bar. i thought it was because of BB .4 but i flashed Cyanogen RC6 and it just happened again. i can rotate and see some part of the screen on the right side. the touch screen still works when this happens but its just is black. any help it is really frusterating!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
every once in a while when i unlock my droid, all i see is a black screen and the status bar. i thought it was because of BB .4 but i flashed Cyanogen RC6 and it just happened again. i can rotate and see some part of the screen on the right side. the touch screen still works when this happens but its just is black. any help it is really frusterating!

Did you do a data/cache wipe before flashing either ROM? Also, what launcher are you using?

OP
aj8600

aj8600

Reaction score
i wiped completely. i am using launcher pro plus.

OP
aj8600

aj8600

Reaction score
K thanks :) anyone have a permanent fix

OP
aj8600

aj8600

Reaction score
Ill post if it works when it happens again

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmm...Idk. You should repost this in the Rescue Squad thread though or in the Dev's thread. I've never seen/heard of this issue before.

crspang

Reaction score
I have this happen occasionally too. Its LauncherPro redrawing. If you wait a few seconds it will come back.

You can also try adjusting the memory settings in LauncherPro.