Screen freaks out

ckburks

Reaction score
Anyone found a fix for the screen freaking out... Putting to sleep fixes it. Anyone think it might be screen guards? Really don't think it's a hardware issue or sleep wouldn't fix it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Umm, I need a lot more information to work with here. "My screen freaks out" isn't going to cut it.

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
C

ckburks

Reaction score
Lol.... Mmmm usua

OP
C

ckburks

Reaction score
Dern... Did it just then.... It starts to push random spots all over the screen. When it started it was only the bottom left quadrant...

Reaction score
Anyone found a fix for the screen freaking out... Putting to sleep fixes it. Anyone think it might be screen guards? Really don't think it's a hardware issue or sleep wouldn't fix it.

Simple test for that. Factory reset your phone. If you still have the problem (what ever it is as "screen freaks out" is really a poor description of the problem) then it is hardware.

And your logic is totally flawed. Of course it can be a hardware problem that sleep temporarily solves. When the phone shuts down the screen many hardware functions of the phone change, the screen turns off and registers are cleared, the cpu slows down,and wifi may turn off. And when the phone is brought out of sleep one of the first function calls is a reset of the screen and then it is redrawn in its current state.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dern... Did it just then.... It starts to push random spots all over the screen. When it started it was only the bottom left quadrant...

That sorta sounds like your screen needs to be re calibrated. Google how to do that.

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
C

ckburks

Reaction score
Seriously leaning to the fact that verizon sold me an x case saying it would work. t hasn't happened with it off.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Honesty, the case was probably putting pressure on the back of the screen, which would cause your problem

barski

Reaction score
Does your phone happen to do this?

[video=youtube;eOfdXYfNJ9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOfdXYfNJ9A[/video]

One of my CLNR Droid X's did that. I did the sbf and all and it still did it. ended up sending it in after a strongly worded talk with a verizon technician.

My current Droid X will do it once in a great while. but just pull the battery and its good to go again.

Reaction score
Seriously leaning to the fact that verizon sold me an x case saying it would work. t hasn't happened with it off.

Honesty, the case was probably putting pressure on the back of the screen, which would cause your problem

Well the phone shouldn't be that sensitive but some cases are really crappy. You don't by chance have a extended battery in the unit? Most cases can't handle them. You also have to get an new battery door to handle them or they can create pressure on the screen.

hobby31

Reaction score
I've had this happen with mine. It's usually after backing out of a program or the camera. The screen will just freeze for a bit and then not be responsive to touch for a bit and then it would start acting like buttons were being pushed cause setting would pop up or the single home key tap that brings up the desktop choices. Putting the screen to sleep and then waking it up fixes it. I'd say it happened about 5 times the last few weeks. I updated to 2.3.3 rooted and it hasn'e happened since. I do have the extended battery but have the extended battery cover. It doesn't seem too tight. I'll let you know if it happens again.

OP
C

ckburks

Reaction score
Dude that phone is possessed on youtube...sleep mode would fix it on mine also... I went to another case that doesn't wrap and so far so good... Now if I could get the ota... Tried the other way and phone freaked.

amg3467

Reaction score
my screen did the same thing pressing random buttons but only when i had it charging at work with my old blackberry charger and my old blackberry usb connection. It never does it any other time or with any other charger including my old blackberry car charger. After it does it though it usually starts to lag a lot until i reboot

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
Mine often thinks I have pressed something, when in fact I haven't even touched it. The way the screen was freaking out, it looked like someone was touching all of the letters in the keyboard. I would love to know what causes this type of action.