Screen flickers

AngeloScuro

Reaction score
When I slide my phone open or closed or text with the real keyboard (phone open) the screen brighness will flicker from light to dark. I have checked and auto brightness isn't on, I have tried restarting and doing a battery pull. The phone is rooted but it has been rooted for a while before this started to happen. Anyone else have this problem?

jerdylema

Reaction score
When I slide my phone open or closed or text with the real keyboard (phone open) the screen brighness will flicker from light to dark. I have checked and auto brightness isn't on, I have tried restarting and doing a battery pull. The phone is rooted but it has been rooted for a while before this started to happen. Anyone else have this problem?

Mine just started doing the same thing its getting bad, have you found a solution to the problem.

OP
A

AngeloScuro

Reaction score
No I haven't I just dealt with it but now my screen is starting to black out and wont turn back on even after numerous battery pulls, a factory reset and unrooting via original SBF flash so I am bring it to verizon tomorrow to see if they will replace it.

jerdylema

Reaction score
No I haven't I just dealt with it but now my screen is starting to black out and wont turn back on even after numerous battery pulls, a factory reset and unrooting via original SBF flash so I am bring it to verizon tomorrow to see if they will replace it.

I called verizon Sunday should have my new droid tomorrow, hope this doesn't happen again

kmifflin0202

Reaction score
Hi all new here but couldn't help but reply on this one. I got my Droid2 in August then in Sept. the screen started to flicker brightness here and there. Oct. it started to get really bad. Called Verizon Friday and just got a replacement today. The only thing they tried to trouble shoot over the phone was that there is a light sensor on top and some cases may affect the sensor. Mine it did it with or without a case. Hope this (certified like new) phone will work without the flicker issues now :)

ILikeWaffles

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen. Screen was going crazy not just brightness. It was going all crazy like a TV set with no signal. It was also rebooting randomly. Should be getting my new D2 tomorrow.