Screen calibration?

Loudog3114

Reaction score
It's seems to me, and maybe it's just from being used to the iPhone, that the screen on the droid is slightly off from the touch location. It seems that I have to actually press a couple milimeters higher, when in portrait or landscape, than I should have to for accurate touches. Particularly when touching hyperlinks, etc. Is this normal or is my screen calibration off? If it's off, can it be calibrated?

Toochief

Reaction score
Mine is accurate as well but to answer you question, I do not believe there is any means to calibrate or recalibrate.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are no means to recalibrate the phone. The only thing i think verizon would try would be a hard reset. Doesn't mean it will fix anything, sometimes the sensors on the phones are just bad. I would contact the support and see what they say.

mjs31

Reaction score
That is one thing that has always amazed me about this phone. My touch screen is near pin point accurate. Seldom with the iPhone could I select the small next page numbers in forums without zooming in. No problem with this phone.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was worried about the screen accuracy coming from the BB Storm where you had to "click" to confirm selections... I was afraid with the DROID it'd be too sensitive for typing... as I've run into trying to iPhone. However I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the DROIDS screen is incredibly accurate.

Sometimes I'll even leave a web page in it's smallest view and try and click on links... it's really accurate most of the time.

nate94gt

Reaction score
mine seems off at times, and at times it seems dead on. Weird.

tsitalon1

Reaction score
My Virtual kb is dead on....web links make me touch a few mm higher as OP stated.

Can a calibration app be created?

shari'sdroid

Reaction score
My screen is accurate but its to sensitive . I can bearly touch it and I'm on to a new page. Anyone
else have this problem.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Mine is super accurate and I don't notice any over sensitivity but I came from a storm so I don't have an actual frame of reference for that. My daughter on the other hand has a droid too and after coming from an iphone she says the droid is way more sensitive to swipes and clicks than the iphone... meaning that if you just brush the screen it selects something or if she is indecisive with her gestures a swipe may be a click or vice versa. Maybe iphone requires a fraction longer touch time than the droid? I don't really have a problem with it myself but again I didn't come from a standard touch screen device either.

On a side note she loves the droid and the only thing she is wanting for is more games lol which she had an abundance of on the iphone and which she still has on her ipod touch.

Last edited: