Screen blanks during phone call

gjoss

Reaction score
Whenever I'm engaged in a phone call the screen goes blank. I have no access to hang up or input numbers if requested. Nothing I do seems to bring it back until the other party ends the call at which time I get the screen back. Any ideas?

kaorte

Reaction score
Whenever I'm engaged in a phone call the screen goes blank. I have no access to hang up or input numbers if requested. Nothing I do seems to bring it back until the other party ends the call at which time I get the screen back. Any ideas?

I had this issue the other day when I tried to end a call. The call got ended but the screen stayed blank.

Pretty sure the phone used the accelerometer to determine if you are using the phone or looking at it and trying to input on it.

I would try moving it quickly away from your ear to look at it and see if that works.

Mit

Reaction score
I had the same issue... sliding open the keyboard worked for me and brought the screen back up. Hope this helps...

jamsesh

Reaction score
Hey I was just talking to some people on a motorola forum. One of the guys figured out a good way to diagnose it. Download a free app called "Sensor Test," which gives you info about the accelerometer, light sensor, proximity sensor etc.

From the other forum: "In the App under "Proximity" It should show "2.14...." when nothing is being detected at the proximity sensor and "3.0' when there is. If you put your finger over the upper left corner of the Droid you should see it changing between those 2 readings as you move your finger over and away from the sensor. On mine that would work properly in a dark or dim room. I then tried the same thing with a bright light (or in the sunshine) and the sensor would get stuck on "3.0" which means it's constantly detecting something there.. even though there isn't. Which would explain why the screen dims out and never comes back. I'm not sure if everyone is having the issue only in light.. but that's the way it was for me, amongst a few other people in this thread. Hope I helped!"

I'm going to try this tomorrow to see if mine gets stuck at 3.0. Try it and see what happens!

Cheers