Screen shut off during phone usage

jibeho

Reaction score
I am having a problem during phone calls to automated services. These calls ask for information to be keyed after prompts. Often during these calls the screen will go blank. I press the power button to turn on the screen - it does for a second then goes blank - repeat -repeat screen will not stay on, automated system times out.

VZ support says it must be a third party APP which is conflicting with the phone and I should delete the apps to resolve problem. What is the purpose of thois sophisticated phone if I can't use third party apps if I actually want to use the phone function?

Anbody have this problem?

screen setting is 2 minutes.

it could well be a third party app that's causing it. also, when you're on a call and need to wake up the screen all you have to do is move the phone, accelerometer will turn it back on.

Might be a problem with your sensor. Do you have any apps that work against the normal function of the phone?

Thanks for the replies. IMy phone has a sluggish accelerometer as it is slow to rotate and I often have to shake the device to get the screen to come on while on a hone call and need to enter a code.

The VZ help pointed to a possible third party app affecting the phone and suggesting deleting alll apps to test. So I should go a month without apps to confirm? I keep very few apps running as I always use a task manger to shut off apps when finished.

To me it seems more like a conflict between sleep mode and phone mode.

Beginning to think the Nexus is best as a small tablet and use a phone for a phone.

I realize this thread is about the nexus, but I had this experience with the D1. I found I could not hold the phone in any position other than flat. As long as I held it flat, the screen would never go out. Still did it even after all the updates and factory resets over the 2 years that I've owned it. I never did contact verizon about it as that was about the only thing weird with that phone. I think it was an accelerometer problem.

Sounds like hardware issue. The Nexus does switch orientation fairly slow, this is a known "problem" with this phone. As for it sleeping when pulled away from your head on a phone call I never had a problem. So to me it sounds like hardware and you should maybe try harder to get a replacement.

As for the app, what app did they say to stop or remove?

They told me to remove all APPS that use phone info. - which is, to my surprise, most of the apps.

I am having a problem during phone calls to automated services. These calls ask for information to be keyed after prompts. Often during these calls the screen will go blank. I press the power button to turn on the screen - it does for a second then goes blank - repeat -repeat screen will not stay on, automated system times out.

VZ support says it must be a third party APP which is conflicting with the phone and I should delete the apps to resolve problem. What is the purpose of thois sophisticated phone if I can't use third party apps if I actually want to use the phone function?

Anbody have this problem?

screen setting is 2 minutes.

Got a screen protector? (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...n-wont-turn-after-phone-call.html#post2112348)

Back