Screen and vibration issues?

Rento

Reaction score
I got my Maxx couple months ago right before they dropped the tiered data stuff.

Ever since day one I noticed that if my screen went black, when loading up apps (not when you put it to sleep), the backlight reveals a bunch of dark blotches, kinda like when you slam a calculator on the ground and see all those dark blotches...

I don't have any dead pixels or anything though.

Another thing I noticed lately, but it could be an app interference... Is that the vibration response when tapping on the screen or the soft keys is rather weaker than it was before, but it's not just that, but it will inconsistently go away for a few minutes and then come back... Which leads me to believe it's an app interference. But even after a few hours, it still keeps up.

Anyone know where the settings are, if there are any, on the stock ICS rom to mess with the haptic feedback?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Screen blotches are normal for the type of screen we have on this phone, only seen on an all black screen some area are darker than others nothing to worry about.

As far as vibration I am not sure about that one, I have all vibration turned off because I am not a fan of it. I know I heard some people on here complaining about the vibration being weak, but not sure if it comes and goes or is constant.

When the vibration is weak, how is your battery level? A hard reset might help, but probably only temporarily. Hold the volume down and the power button for 10 seconds and let the phone reboot.

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
Screen blotches are normal for the type of screen we have on this phone, only seen on an all black screen some area are darker than others nothing to worry about.

Alright cool, good to hear, thought something was wrong lol.

As far as vibration I am not sure about that one, I have all vibration turned off because I am not a fan of it. I know I heard some people on here complaining about the vibration being weak, but not sure if it comes and goes or is constant.

When the vibration is weak, how is your battery level? A hard reset might help, but probably only temporarily. Hold the volume down and the power button for 10 seconds and let the phone reboot.

Battery level is at 100%, tried reboots, it fixes it, but only temporary. Could just be the apps that I run as it'll be fine and after playing games on the phone, it won't work for a while.

aarong03

Reaction score
Alright cool, good to hear, thought something was wrong lol.

Battery level is at 100%, tried reboots, it fixes it, but only temporary. Could just be the apps that I run as it'll be fine and after playing games on the phone, it won't work for a while.

Try under settings language and inputs. Select the motorla keyboard settings and uncheck the vibrate keys box. This is for the keyboard. For all others go to settings sounds, uncheck vibrate on touch box. I did these steps and now the only time phone vibrates, is when you wake it up from sleep by pressing the power button.

kmarti4

Reaction score
I had the vibration issue with my razr and it drove me crazy. I would begin a text and it would randomly stop at some point. It became much more frequent and the vibration also seemed to become more faint as time went on. I was able to get the vibration to come back by tapping on the side of the phone. Eventually I didn't want to deal with it anymore so I took it to a verizon retailer and had it replaced under warranty. This was after doing two FDR's, clearing cache, and battery training. FYI Even though the person at verizon said I would probably get a new phone, mine came as a refurbished one. It did look brand new and works fine but seems to have slightly less battery life then my original. Hope any of that information is useful because I didnt find that much on the internet about this specific problem. I believe it to be a hardware problem.