Screebl in landscape

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Seems like after Screebl's last update, it doesn't detect when in landscape mode. Even when looking at the settings, it shows it's within range, yet it still doesn't activate. I emailed the dev but was wondering if anyone else is seeing this?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use KeepScreen instead of Screebl... no issues here. Just an FYI if you need an alternative :)

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Just checked. Screebl works okay for me in landscape with the latest update.

CDB

Reaction score
Hell no it's not a battery killer...it's a battery saver if anything. This is easly one of my personal Top 5 apps.

At present, you only have options to 'never' turn off the screen or turn it off after 'time' and neither option is really suffecient. There is also the menu option of keeping the screen 'on' if the phone is plugged in and while it does keep the screen on, it keeps it in a dimmed state. If I try and use 'never', I inevitably forget to manually turn the screen off, thus leading to a huge waste in battery life. If I try and use 'timed', then a) the timed length is generally too long if I'm just checking a text someone sent me (leading to lost battery life...but hey, the screen will turn back off) or b) it's too short for reading articles where you don't input a keypress that automatically renews the screen timer from turning the screen off.

Screebl Lite is, IMO, just one of those 'must have' apps as it puts functionality into the phone that is transparent to the user. When it comes down to it, I don't worry about my phones display shutting off when I don't want it to, nor worry about it staying on forever and killing the battery.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hell no it's not a battery killer...it's a battery saver if anything. This is easly one of my personal Top 5 apps.

At present, you only have options to 'never' turn off the screen or turn it off after 'time' and neither option is really suffecient. There is also the menu option of keeping the screen 'on' if the phone is plugged in and while it does keep the screen on, it keeps it in a dimmed state. If I try and use 'never', I inevitably forget to manually turn the screen off, thus leading to a huge waste in battery life. If I try and use 'timed', then a) the timed length is generally too long if I'm just checking a text someone sent me (leading to lost battery life...but hey, the screen will turn back off) or b) it's too short for reading articles where you don't input a keypress that automatically renews the screen timer from turning the screen off.

Screebl Lite is, IMO, just one of those 'must have' apps as it puts functionality into the phone that is transparent to the user. When it comes down to it, I don't worry about my phones display shutting off when I don't want it to, nor worry about it staying on forever and killing the battery.

I concur. even though I use KeepScreen instead of Screebl the functionality of these apps is a must.

I've noticed NO battery drain as a result of running this app.

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
Must be a bug/defect

I have just found Screebl to stop working for me also.

Odd. There is a defect somewhere. It isn't as if the Droid isn't aware of its orientation. I can go into a browser or youtube etc. and the display rotates.

However when in Screebl and adjusting the behavior the Screebl app doesn't know the Droid is moving in my hand.

I'll reboot and see what occurs.

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
Goog to go again

Restart the Droid and all is well again.

Oh well. Not like that doesn't ever happen on my Windows box :)

coondogg97

Reaction score
I agree that Screebl has been buggy lately. When im at work and not on the phone it is on the Media Dock. Recently the Screebl icon on the status bar will go from green to red and the display will shut off out of nowhere while on the dock. It's a great app and doesn't cost a dime so I just deal with it.

keyesdav

Reaction score
Hey coondogg.

I know this is an old post, but I just stumbled across it. In case you're still using Screebl and having this issue, the red icon is an indication of "stillness timeout".

Screebl has this feature to help avoid scenarios where you leave your phone sitting on an angle somehow (e.g., on your car seat) as opposed to a flat table top. Without stillness detection enabled, it would be possible for your screen to remain locked on and drain your battery.

If you don't want stillness detection to time your screen out, you can always disable it. As with everything in Screebl, it's configurable. :)

Sounds like I do need an additional feature to disable stillness timeout when docked, though. I'll make a note of that and add it to the feature list...

I agree that Screebl has been buggy lately. When im at work and not on the phone it is on the Media Dock. Recently the Screebl icon on the status bar will go from green to red and the display will shut off out of nowhere while on the dock. It's a great app and doesn't cost a dime so I just deal with it.

navdoc1110

Reaction score
SCREEBL is definitely worth the bucks. It keeps the phone active when you are using it and turns it off when it is put down...will save battery life in the long run...I have been using it for 1 month without any issues...love this app

coondogg97

Reaction score
And the issues I was having were fixed with an update. No issues at all now, the app is great and WELL WORTH the money.

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
I'm using screebl lite, and like it, i think. I dont understand the settings, and if I did I think I would like it more, its been on my droid for about two weeks now, and i dont see any harm, so I just leave it... I really need to fiddle with it a bit... never any time tho