SBF unable unroot D2G

Reaction score
Hey all, I am trying to unroot and wipe an old D2G that is having a hardware issue. It is currently UNactivated and when I plug it in and SBF the thing, it goes through its process and then boots up as if I didn't even try to SBF it - RSD does not mention any issues/errors during the process. Any ideas here? Does it have to be activated? I need to wipe this thing ASAP.

Swoggler

Reaction score
Hey all, I am trying to unroot and wipe an old D2G that is having a hardware issue. It is currently UNactivated and when I plug it in and SBF the thing, it goes through its process and then boots up as if I didn't even try to SBF it - RSD does not mention any issues/errors during the process. Any ideas here? Does it have to be activated? I need to wipe this thing ASAP.

Use Linux! It is a much better way then RSD Lite. Just Google SBF with Linux and there are about three sets of good instructions. I never SBF with RSD now.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Linux is not always the solution(surprising? I know it's powerful). You have to do a data wipe right after sbf if you want it truly clean. SBF always unroots.

Swoggler

Reaction score
Linux is not always the solution(surprising? I know it's powerful). You have to do a data wipe right after sbf if you want it truly clean. SBF always unroots.

Everytime I SBF I use Linux and I am back to factory settings.

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
I'm in a pickle... My rooted D2G had dead pixles... it's still under warranty, so I called the warranty place. I forgot to unroot before she made me wipe my system. Arrrg! Now it's still rooted, but I don't have the Market or file manager or anything useful on there and when I download manually, it keeps force closing. When I go to the Market on the web, I can't install my programs (like file manager)... I'm getting my new one tomorrow and I have to send this one back. Can anyone point me to detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to unroot this pos?

Thanks so much for all your help!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm in a pickle... My rooted D2G had dead pixles... it's still under warranty, so I called the warranty place. I forgot to unroot before she made me wipe my system. Arrrg! Now it's still rooted, but I don't have the Market or file manager or anything useful on there and when I download manually, it keeps force closing. When I go to the Market on the web, I can't install my programs (like file manager)... I'm getting my new one tomorrow and I have to send this one back. Can anyone point me to detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to unroot this pos?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Ok..first..
Go to your computer...
Download rsdlite 4.9 or earlier..
Download..sbf file from droid life website.(make sure its d2global full sbf..)
Open up your rsdlite and then minamize it to tool bar
Find your sbf file, and move it to your desktop, unzip it..
Open back up rsdlite..then push the three little dots on the rsdlite menu at the center top..looks like. ... ok now when it opens put the sbf file in the folder so it will be found..

Now..make sure your phone is charged completely..
Turn phone off
Hold power and up until you see a black screen..plug into usb on computer
Now look on rsdlite ,you should see the phone model wrote on the top line..if not make sure you have the drivers installed..should've said that earlier..lol
Now you should see your phone model on the right hand box. Bunch of writing..
Hit the start button and kick back and watch..
It will run for a bit
Don't unplug until it tells you
Do not touch anything while its running
After its done unplug and if your phone starts bootlooping, don't freak out..if more than 4 minutes of bootlooping, and the program says done anyway on computer, unplug, and pull battery and wipe data factory reset..and reboot to your new shiny phone..stock as it gets..
If you get confused..youtube has walkthroughs with downloads...peace and hope I helped:)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Ok..first..
Go to your computer...
Download rsdlite 4.9 or earlier..
Download..sbf file from droid life website.(make sure its d2global full sbf..)
Open up your rsdlite and then minamize it to tool bar
Find your sbf file, and move it to your desktop, unzip it..
Open back up rsdlite..then push the three little dots on the rsdlite menu at the center top..looks like. ... ok now when it opens put the sbf file in the folder so it will be found..

Now..make sure your phone is charged completely..
Turn phone off
Hold power and up until you see a black screen..plug into usb on computer
Now look on rsdlite ,you should see the phone model wrote on the top line..if not make sure you have the drivers installed..should've said that earlier..lol
Now you should see your phone model on the right hand box. Bunch of writing..
Hit the start button and kick back and watch..
It will run for a bit
Don't unplug until it tells you
Do not touch anything while its running
After its done unplug and if your phone starts bootlooping, don't freak out..if more than 4 minutes of bootlooping, and the program says done anyway on computer, unplug, and pull battery and wipe data factory reset..and reboot to your new shiny phone..stock as it gets..
If you get confused..youtube has walkthroughs with downloads...peace and hope I helped:)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Thanks a billion for this info!!! However, I've got this error and I don't know what to do! View attachment 39684 I went ahead and unplugged and it's coming up with the boot loader (thank goodness)! What next? Try again? Arrrg! :)

Last edited:

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Also, on the boot screen, I'm getting the following:

Bootloader
D0.11

Code Corrupt

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Is the Code Corrupt for the bootloader or the fact that I don't have an OS? Thanks again y'all!

FatJim

Reaction score
Try downloading the new motorola usb drivers, that's what helped me get past this error. I had to install the latest drivers and then plug my usb cable into a new port in order for it to recognize. Then start rsd and start the sbf.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Try downloading the new motorola usb drivers, that's what helped me get past this error. I had to install the latest drivers and then plug my usb cable into a new port in order for it to recognize. Then start rsd and start the sbf.

I don't want to seem too greatful... but - YOU ARE AWESOME!!! That worked like a charm and I thank you 10^100000000. :)

Nasa

Reaction score
I did the unrooted GB single update.zip. To root it I used "One Click Root" and it worked like a champ. Installed driver on PC, unzipped one click root in to a folder, ran it, it ask to attach the phone with usb debugging enabled, I did, it rebooted 3 times and was done. Waiting for my phone to finish charging so I can calibrate the battery indicator for my extended battery. Will freeze some bloat later today. All in all it works a lot smoother than it did before.

FatJim

Reaction score
I don't want to seem too greatful... but - YOU ARE AWESOME!!! That worked like a charm and I thank you 10^100000000. :)

Hey, just passing on what I learned. Glad it worked for you.