Sbf question.

Dolfns99

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer. When I first got my D2g many moths ago I had to sbf. I use rsd lite. And the other sbf file.( mind just went blank) anyways when it gets to the point where it reboots and tells you to manually power up your phone. It seems it just automatically reboots itself all the way to the droid logo that you push. I remember in the beginning when I first started that this did nit happen like that. So I was wondering if this might of happened to someone else or if there might be an explanation for this. Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
1. Pull the battery, place it back again.
2. Power the phone on.

If it doesn't work:

1. Pull the battery.
2. Place the battery back into the phone.
3. Press Volume Up and X on your hardware keyboard.
4. Press the power button.
5. Wait for the stock recovery splash screen to appear.
6. Press the Search button on the hardware keyboard.
7. Choose “Wipe data (factory reset)”.
8. Wait for it to finish.
9. Reboot the phone.

You could have found this information yourself by using either Google Search, this forum's search tool, XDA Developers forum search, various FAQs, etc.

OP
D

Dolfns99

Reaction score
It wasn't about finding data on this topic. I know how to sbf my phone. The question was if you read it correctly was why is it rebooting back to stock on its own, without ne manually doing so. But thank you for your response

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I might have understood your post wrong, then. Do you mean it reboots at “touch the android to begin”? Seemed to me that you meant “rebooting on the droid logo”.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer. When I first got my D2g many moths ago I had to sbf. I use rsd lite. And the other sbf file.( mind just went blank) anyways when it gets to the point where it reboots and tells you to manually power up your phone. It seems it just automatically reboots itself all the way to the droid logo that you push. I remember in the beginning when I first started that this did nit happen like that. So I was wondering if this might of happened to someone else or if there might be an explanation for this. Thanks

Yes it does reboot for you. Now if you are coming from a rom and you sbf back after it gets to the droid eye I recommend doing a battery pull, booting into stock recovery, and doing a factory wipe. Sbf rewrites the system files but sometimes it do not wipe the phine files and cache and if they dont match you go into random reboots. Wiping normally fixes that.