Sbf on the way

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
This is soooo awesome!!!!! Now all we need is developers to make more roms for us D2G people! C'mon GummJar and Apex and PE make some D2G roms.
Fission does rock though! Sooo Happy:icon_ banana: SBF!!!!!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Hard to install a ROM when you're stuck in the bootloader, but hopefully that link will help someone.

findingjulia, I'm watching for the SBF release. As soon as I know it's here I will post links to it.

wilboy

Reaction score
Nice!!Btw,are we still using RSD(Multi Flash) or just in normal recovery?If so,what is the latest version of RSD now?I have had RSD lite 4.6.Any idea?

leobg

Reaction score
The link from that forum I posted - the poster seems to be claiming he has signed update.zip (not an SBF file flashable from boot loader via RSDlite) that has full ROM and is flashable thru stock recovery! It seems quite unlikely as I have never seen such thing released for any of the other Motorola products so far. Someone - correct me if I am wrong.

edit: The guy seems have uploaded it. I am downloading it from MultiUpload - D2_Global_OEM_RBD-Hexpor.zip (78.86MB). Courious to see what is inside!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Nice!!Btw,are we still using RSD(Multi Flash) or just in normal recovery?If so,what is the latest version of RSD now?I have had RSD lite 4.6.Any idea?

4.9 -- and don't try to use 4.6 as the hardware won't be supported.

The link from that forum I posted - the poster seems to be claiming he has signed update.zip (not an SBF file flashable from boot loader via RSDlite) that has full ROM and is flashable thru stock recovery! It seems quite unlikely as I have never seen such thing released for any of the other Motorola products so far. Someone - correct me if I am wrong.

But if you can't get into anything but the bootloader you can't flash an update.zip. Hopefully someone can use that link, but for the majority of people with soft-bricked phones, the SBF if their only hope. Thank you for posting that link, however, if it is an actual signed update.zip. :)

leobg

Reaction score
Well, I donloaded it. It cannot be official Motorola work as it has superuser.apk, bootstrapper inside/etc. I do not want to try on my phone, but somebody with bricked D2G can give it a shot. Worst case recovery will refuse the file if signature fails.

wilboy

Reaction score
Well, I donloaded it. It cannot be official Motorola work as it has superuser.apk, bootstrapper inside/etc. I do not want to try on my phone, but somebody with bricked D2G can give it a shot. Worst case recovery will refuse the file if signature fails.
If i'm not wrong.. it's the one from Angdroids Fission,isn't it?

leobg

Reaction score
If i'm not wrong.. it's the one from Angdroids Fission,isn't it?

Can't compare it.. do you have the file AngDroid posted a while ago? He seems removed it from their site. The one I just downloaded is 82,689,593 bytes. I don't believe it will flash from stock recovery. The post that guy made is quite unclear (he excuses himself for his English).

AngDroid, could you chime in?

wilboy

Reaction score
Testing the rom that leobg linked on my soft bricked D2G now. It can access the standard Android recovery screen, but not clockwork, so here's hoping it works!
It that's the one on Fission Rom Manager that's not gonna work, i let BILLHO to tried that but it didn't work!