SBF Issues

kingpin6866

Reaction score
I was rooted and sitting on .219 and unable to receive the OTA ICS, so I tried SBF back to "stock" .219 in hopes that the OTA ICS would then take. Installed RSD, updated Motorola drivers, got the VRZ_XT894_6.5.1-167_DR4-1_M1-219 sbf zip. Went through the whole boot into recovery and then AP Fastboot, etc. When "Decompress and Start Flashing" it gets to like 16/18 and says flash failed. I boot the phone and it "seems" to be ok at .219, but booting the phone brings me into AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure) Device is LICKED, Status Code: 0, etc. etc. I have to hold vol up/down and power to go into recovery and boot up.

What do I need to do to:

A) Get the hell out of AP Fastboot
B) Back to stock, or a stable build where I can receive OTA ICS, etc.

Thanks

OP
K

kingpin6866

Reaction score
Seems to have done the trick. Is that the OTA ICS, or custom? Slick as hell!

OP
K

kingpin6866

Reaction score
Ok, how do you root this build? I'm attempting to run ICS404root, but it's not working. WTH is "Camera Mode"

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Ok, how do you root this build? I'm attempting to run ICS404root, but it's not working. WTH is "Camera Mode"

That's the new ICS from Motorola. To root it, use razrs_edge, same method as rooting with motofail (.bat file run on the PC). Both root methods were developed by the same person...one was for Gingerbread, the new one is for ICS.

OP
K

kingpin6866

Reaction score
That's the new ICS from Motorola. To root it, use razrs_edge, same method as rooting with motofail (.bat file run on the PC). Both root methods were developed by the same person...one was for Gingerbread, the new one is for ICS.

Ok well I found Razrs_Edge, but when running the exploit, I'm receiving this error message repeatedly:

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

OP
K

kingpin6866

Reaction score
NM, I figured it out by hunting around a bit. Thank you much.

OP
K

kingpin6866

Reaction score
Where can I find ICS Safestrap 2.0 for this .217 build?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2