I need a step by step for flashing .219

EastPhilly

Reaction score
So for some reason my update to ICS fails to install. No info given by phone as to why. I have all the system apps unfrozen and put in the build.prop from a different thread with people who fixed their problem with that. Nothing. Still won't update and gives no reason. I do notice, however, that 1. Backup Assistant+ does not work correctly and 2. I have more files in my system/app folder than the D4 dump on this forum shows. Could that be a problem?

I'd like to just flash .215 (I think that's latest GB version) onto the phone so I can get the OTA update. This is mainly because my other phone couldn't receive updates after I installed a ROM and I'd like to be able to get future updates easily if they ever come out.

I know nothing about the process for doing this on the D4. I have it rooted, but no safestrap, bootloader, voodoo, etc. I rooted using the utility on the forums and have ROM Toolbox for my other needs.

What do I need to download? What order do I do everything in? Is there a video for how to do this all?

edit: I currently have 6.13.215... I don't know where .219 came from

edit2: Tried to flash ICS using the Droid 4 utility w/ ICS Leak Fix and Root thingy. Started to install but failed saying the build.prop wasn't correct. Put the build.prop back in and made sure everything was read only again. Tried the OTA Update. No go. Tried to flash stock rom through AP Fastboot. No go (says error: can't find 'file name').

No it is stuck in a force close of phone and text message. Help?

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well a couple of the things you tried just don't work that way. From your post it appears you are still on GB 6.13.215. The lastest version of GB was 6.13.219, so you must be there before the ICS 6.16.217 OTA file will work. The fastest way to fix would be just to run rsd lite with the complete ICS file. This will restore to like new out of the box status.

1. Download RSD Lite from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76950573/RSDLite5.7.msi

2. Extract the file and install.

3. Download the ICS file from here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma_maserati/VRZ_XT894_6.7.2-180_DR4-16_M2-37_1FF.xml.zip

4. Charge your D4 battery up to 100%.

5. Power off your phone. Hold both volume buttons and then press power, release the power, select AP Fastboot.

6. Plug into your pc.

7. It may have to install some drivers, just wait it out.

8. Run RSD Lite and select your phone, then select the ICS file you downloaded.

9. Select extract and run.

10. When it gets finished RSD may hang at the end. If your phone rebooted and looks to be running then you are fine.

OP
E

EastPhilly

Reaction score
8 tried to replace a file from the dump and now its stuck in a force close loop. Tried to factory reset but it still force closed. Verizon sending my new one tomorrow. Good enough.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You can force a power down, then to fastboot for the fix.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2