SBF back to stock from Liberty GB for official GB?

Nmayar

Reaction score
They can tell based on how the data entry over the network. Abuse or not if they want to come after you they will.

Guyute

Reaction score
They can tell based on how the data entry over the network. Abuse or not if they want to come after you they will.

When I start hearing stories of VZW coming after someone who tethers a few times here and there and uses minimal amounts of data, I'll start to worry. I have yet to hear anything of the sort. Nice try with the scare tactics.

I work from home and use my WIFI connection all day so I use very very little 3G data. I've tethered 3 times in the last 9 months. Two times for testing and once when the power went out at my home, so I fired up my laptop. I might use it when I go camping next month. Not only am I not worried, but if big red ever did send me a letter or call me about it. Considering my minimal data use, they wouldn't have me as a customer any longer.

wooddale

Reaction score

When I start hearing stories of VZW coming after someone who tethers a few times here and there and uses minimal amounts of data, I'll start to worry. I have yet to hear anything of the sort. Nice try with the scare tactics.

I work from home and use my WIFI connection all day so I use very very little 3G data. I've tethered 3 times in the last 9 months. Two times for testing and once when the power went out at my home, so I fired up my laptop. I might use it when I go camping next month. Not only am I not worried, but if big red ever did send me a letter or call me about it. Considering my minimal data use, they wouldn't have me as a customer any longer.

I did some reading since my last post and here is what it is if its out there and you can get it its yours wireless tether doesnt belong to Verizon. I believe that was the last ruling by the FCC . Now if you are using ther data to get it and they can figyue a way to stop it more power to them. Like I said before people like us who are are rooted are a minority. Everyone I know has a cell phone guess how many know about rooting yet alone tethering (0). Verizon isnt going to pull a shot like that because like you say they would loose customers unless there really greedy. My 2 cents

OP
L

leviathngod

Reaction score
Well, I don't mind not using tethering at all. I may have used it once or twice last year on a different rom but since p3droid released the story about tethering and rims I just stayed away from tethering. The main reason for me to ROM is to make my phone work well. I can't tolerate how latch stock can be and having to choke down the bloatware. I am happy with Liberty GB right now, so I would like to stay with my current ROM.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums