Wait for Verizon released GB?

Chalupa

Reaction score
I want to jump on the Liberty GB nightly but I know the official release of GB is right around the corner. Should I wait for the Liberty ROM associated with the official release or jump in? Will I be able to upgrade to this in the Liberty toolbox once it is out or am I going to have to SBF it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
My guess is u would prob just install the update cause it would be a higher version lgb.

kilahimm

Reaction score
My guess is u would prob just install the update cause it would be a higher version lgb.

Just a friendly PSA: the root situation for the OTA is unknown still, most of what's being said is that the outlook isn't good. Might want to wait on the OTA until some Dev's have had a chance to look at it and can chime in on whether you'll be able to regain root after accepting.

DoomSabbath

Reaction score

Just a friendly PSA: the root situation for the OTA is unknown still, most of what's being said is that the outlook isn't good. Might want to wait on the OTA until some Dev's have had a chance to look at it and can chime in on whether you'll be able to regain root after accepting.

man, if they made root a pain in the ass or impossible to get, I would be so pissed, and probably gonna have to drop VZW for some other carrier.

jcutter347

Reaction score
they always say that root is going to be impossible. No reason to sell out to some bo-ricker carrier just to gain root access. What good is that if you can't use the phone because you have no signal. Install the leaked version, and try it. You can always SBF back to stock, get the OTA if/when they figure out how to root. If you are not familiar with all of this, there is plenty of info. in here and the xda forums to help you. The main thing here is to know what you are doing. Good luck.

falseprofits

Reaction score
Rooting is never impossible - it just takes time for the devs / nerds to find an exploit to be able to root.

That's not to say it's not difficult to root, it's just a matter of time.

All these stupid things that VZW / Carriers are imposing are stupid. So much for the "open" operating system.

bodean

Reaction score
Verizon has notified the blog world that the update will be available on Friday (May 27).

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
Rooting is never impossible - it just takes time for the devs / nerds to find an exploit to be able to root.

That's not to say it's not difficult to root, it's just a matter of time.

That's what I Love about the android community, you can bet that the devs will have a solution ready faster than any carrier or manufacturer has ever rolled out an update or program, and in addition you know that they will have open communication, keep you informed, no smoke and mirrors.

falseprofits

Reaction score
That's what I Love about the android community, you can bet that the devs will have a solution ready faster than any carrier or manufacturer has ever rolled out an update or program, and in addition you know that they will have open communication, keep you informed, no smoke and mirrors.

Exactly - the only thing REALLY borderline impossible is a locked bootloader, but I won't flame or start any flame wars. They'll find an exploit, and I can bet they'll find it pretty quick.

And as long as you're rooted you can get rid of the bloat, provided you have a root file system browser and know /system/app and a little bit about Linux / Android.