Saving pics,music and other non apps

RevKrazy

Reaction score
Received my Droid yesterday and I cant seem to figure out where downloaded files that are non apps are stored IE:saved web pictures or ringtones from Mobilo. I cant tell where any of my files are being stored and I cant seem to find an option to move a particular file from the phone to the SD card or vice versa.

I know Android doesn't support apps to SD until the next build
But I cant tell if it automatically saves all media files to SD.

Hopefully I explained myself well enough for someone to help.

Also does Android not have a built in file explorer ?
Thanks

Last edited:
OP
R

RevKrazy

Reaction score
I just wanted to share what I found about SD app storage in case anyone cares because I sure do.

At the android-platform group, we've been hashing out a scheme for adding in official apps-to-sd support to AOSP. We have a couple of google engineers following along/helping out and are now at a state where the initial testing implementation (we're using an incremental development approach) steps are defined in a fairly simple manner and we are ready to start at it from an actual implementation details/start coding perspective.

The actual thread is located here: http://groups.google.com/group/andro...0709c157451cd9

Basically, if implemented, it will do the following;
1) totally obsolete current hacker apps2sd approaches by allowing actual sdcard removal from device.
2) ultimately ship with devices stock (when in a state where it is easy to use, stable, and at least as secure for non-root users as internal storage currently is).
3) keep application data on the same device as the actual application with no side-effects (like internal apps being broken while waiting for second partition to mount).
4) allow MULTIPLE sdcards containing apps to be swapped on the same device.
5) allow sdcard containing apps to be swapped between DIFFERENT devices.

Note: 4 and 5 are not in the initial implementation, first proof of concept and working system, then enhancement with additional features. 4 and 5 are not requirements for inclusion in AOSP, but they are cool features that ultimately should be implemented.

What we need:
Several good developers, web storage w/source/patch management, etc.
Anyone interested, please read the thread to get an idea of the current state of thought, and please don't pollute that thread with nonsense. There is a current state of organization, and though not set in stone, it should be considered as NOT open for major architectural changes (i.e., the google engineers don't have any major problems with the proposal that we can't work through). Minor glitches and implementation details will be handled along the way. If you must pollute a thread with nonsense, use this one.

But if someone could still help with my problem... thanks

jimsassin

Reaction score
Saving downloaded photos

I just figured out that downloaded pictures go into the gallery in a folder called downloads

djstar2k2

Reaction score
yeap the gallery will have all your pic,vid info and all the sounds will be in the music player app. at least to u create i folder for them lol.

dugjay

Reaction score
sorry to be dumb..newbie here and a new droid user as well.
this question pertains to me and I'd like to know how does one save pics from websites, save ringtones that have been sent to me via mms/email messages and last how to create a folder on the sd card.
if there is a thread started already, just point me to it and i'll check it out.
thanks!

ffablonde

Reaction score
How do I save videos that I receive from my friends and family that I get in a text message?